Nearly 210,000 MBA Aspirants have filled up applications for Common Admission Test 2013 (CAT 2013). Historically, this number is on decline since last couple of years. Below table shows number of applicants for CAT since 2008.
CAT Application Y-O-Y Growth Chart
|Year||Number of CAT Applications|
CAT 2013 will be conducted by IIM-Kozhikode
By end of last week, Indian Institute of Management (IIM)-Kozhikode sold total of 209,000 application vouchers. Counters were open till Monday evening and IIM officials said the number of applications would cross 2.10 lakh.
CAT 2013 Start date is October 11, 2013
CAT 2013 will span upto total of 27 days from its starting which is on 11 October running till 6 November 2012. And as earlier, the CAT scores will be applicable at 13 IIMs and approximately 150 other Indian management institutions.
CAT 2013 Pattern
The format of the CAT 2013 will be same as that of last year. CAT 2013 will be a computer-based test and have two sections of 1 hour and 10 minutes each. There will be 30 questions in each section, including quantitative ability and data interpretation, verbal ability and logical reasoning.
Stay tuned for more updates on CAT-2013
Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) Bangalore MBA MCA M.E. M.Arch 2012 (PGCET-2012) Exam Details:
Post Graduate Common Entrance Test (PGCET)-2012
- Post Graduate Common Entrance Test-2012 for admission to 1st year/1st semester MBA/MCA/M.E./ M.Arch/ MBA (Infrastructure Management) Courses
- Karnataka Examinations Authority to conduct Post Graduate Common Entrance Test for admission to first year / first semester MBA/MCA/M.E./M.Tech/M.BA (Infrastructure Management) courses from the year 2011-12 in the State of Karnataka
- Applications are invited from the eligible interested Karnataka and non-Karnataka candidates for admission to 1st year/1st semester full time/part time MBA/M.E./M.Tech/M.Arch/MBA (Infrastructure Management) courses and full time MCA course in the institutions affiliated to universities which will be notified by the Govt of Karnataka for the year 2012-13
- Candidates have to appear for the Post Graduate Common Entrance Test-2012 conducted by the Karnataka Examinations Authority to become eligible for admission to these courses
- However, the non-Karnataka students are eligible to select only the seats surrendered by the management, if any
- The candidates with valid GATE score need not appear for PGCET-2012 for admission to M.E./M.Tech/ M. Arch/ MBA (Infrastructure Management) courses, but they have to fill and submit the PGCET-2012 application form for admission
Eligibility for Take PGCET 2012 Test
- The details of academic eligibility for all the above courses are available on the KEA website www.kea.kar.nic.in
- The candidates are advised to verify the eligibility criteria before applying to any of the courses
How To Apply for take PGCET 2012 test
- Please note that no application on paper including hand written or typed will be entertained
- Before applying for any course, the candidate should ensure that he/she fulfils all the eligibility norms
- The candidates have to enter the application details online by browsing the URL on web
- The detailed instructions are appended in the same website
- Candidates have to visit the website and read instructions carefully to follow the same
- If a candidate likes to apply for more than one course (for both MBA and MCA) then he/she is required to apply accordingly as per the instructions
- First the candidate has to enter the required details in the application online then download the challan and pay the required fee in any of the branches given in the website http://kea.kar.nic.in
- Then come back with the challan with stamp and seal on the challan from the payee bank for having paid the requisite fee
- Enter the journal number and complete the application details
- Before you start entering the application online make sure that you are having all the copies of the documents /marks cards/colour photograph scanned in JPG format etc and follow all the instructions given in the website www.kea.kar.nic.in
PGCET 2012 Application Fee
- Only MBA or MCA or ME/M.Tech, General/OBC/Non-Karnataka candidates Rs 600/-; SC/ST/Cat-1 of Karnataka candidates Rs 300/-
- MBA and MCA or MCA and ME/M.Tech or MBA and M.E./M.Tech, General/OBC/Non-Karnataka candidates Rs 1200/-, SC/ST/Cat-1 of Karnataka candidates Rs 600/-
- MBA and MCA and ME/M.Tech/M.Arch/MBA (Infrastructure Management), General/OBC/Non-Karnataka candidates Rs 1800/-, SC/ST/Cat-1 of Karnataka candidates Rs 900/-
Important Dates fro PGCET 2012
- Commencement of entry of application online: 07th June, 2012
- Last date of entry of application: 28th June, 2012
- Last date to pay the fees in the bank: 30th June, 2012
- Last date to upload the challan journal details for having paid fees: 02nd July, 2012
- Downloading of admission tickets on or after: 20th July, 2012
- The complete brochure can be downloaded from the website : on or after 15th June, 2012
The Post Graduate Common Entrance Test-2012
- Courses offered by VTU, UVCE, UBDTCE (100 marks): 28th July, 2012, Saturday, 10.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m.
- Courses offered by Dept of Post Graduate Studies and Research in Mathematics and Computer Sciences, Kuvempu University and Dept of Studies in Computer Science, University of Mysore (100 marks): 28th July, 2012, Saturday, 02.30 p.m. to 04.30 p.m.
- MBA (100 marks): 29th July, 2012, Sunday, 10.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m.
- MCA (100 marks): 29th July, 2012, Sunday, 02.30 p.m. to 04.30 p.m.
For more details, regarding various conditions to claim eligibility conditions visit KEA website www.kea.kar.nic.in
Contact detail for PGCET 2012
Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA), Bangalore
Sampige Road, 18th Cross, Malleshwaram, Bangalore-560012, Tel 080-23568204, 23568205
Fax 080-23461576, Email firstname.lastname@example.org, Website www.kea.kar.nic.in
No-ED/KEA/LegalCell/CR-01/2012-13 dtd 05th June, 2012
Management Aptitude Test 2012 (MAT 2012) is an entrance exam conducted for the admission in postgraduate management programs offered by Management institutes in India.
MAT 2012 Description
Management Aptitude Test 2012 is an aptitude test MAT 2012 is conducted by Centre for Management Services, which is a specialized division of AIMA (All India Management Association). MAT 2012 is usually conducted 4 times in a year in January, May, September and December. Every year it is taken by MBA aspirants in India, as a good score in MAT 2012 is likely to put the candidate in a reputed and AICTE approved management institutions. Presently, MAT 2012 has even got the status of a National Entrance Test by the Ministry of HRD (Government of India, letter no. F.17-20/2003-TS.I dated 23 November 2004). Besides having test centers all over India, MAT 2012 is also conducted in overseas location.
Courses Offered by AIMA MAT 2012
Entrance Test for MBA & Allied Programmes of over 450 Business Schools listed at http://aima-ind.org/mat_general-feb12.aspx
Eligibility for AIMA MAT 2012
Graduates in any discipline. Final year students of Graduate Courses can also apply.
How To Apply for AIMA MAT 2012
Candidate can choose any one of the following modes to apply.
Obtain Form with MAT Bulletin/CD against cash payment of Rs 1200/- (One thousand two hundred only) from listed branches of Bank of Baroda, Axis Bank, listed Study Centres of AIMA OR from AIMA, New Delhi. OR
Obtain crossed Demand Draft (DD) of Rs 1200/- (One thousand two hundred only) in favour of ‘All India Management Association’ payable at Delhi from any Bank. Register online at website www.aima-ind.org/matfeb12 alongwith the DD details. Detailed procedure is given on the website link. OR
Register online at website link www.aima-ind.org/matfeb12 with Credit Card payment. Detailed procedure is given on the website link.
Contact Details for AIMA MAT 2012
Management House, 14, Institutional Area, Lodhi Road, New Delhi 110003
Tel: 011 - 24645100 , 24617354
Fax: 011- 24626689
Important Dates For AIMA MAT 2012
Last date for receipt of AIMA MAT 2012 form
- 17 January 2012
Entrance Date of AIMA MAT 2012
05 February 2012
Kuvempu University, Directorate of Distance Education (DDE), Shimoga, Karnataka, has invited applications from eligible candidates for admission into MBA (Master of Business Administration) / EMBA (Executive Master of Business Administration) courses, to be offered in the upcoming session 2011.
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates may obtain the MBA prospectus along with application form in person from Director, Directorate of Distance Education, Kuvempu University, Shankaraghatta - 577 451, on payment of Rs 150.
- One can get the same through post by sending requisition along with a DD of Rs 150 (drawn from any nationalised bank in favor of the Finance Officer, Kuvempu University, payable at SBM, Jnana Sahyadri, Shankaraghatta) and a self addressed 24 cm X 30 cm envelope affixing postal stamps worth Rs 25, to the abovementioned address.
- The duly filled in and completed application form should be submitted to the Director latest by the last dates mentioned below.
For more information regarding admission, eligibility criteria and application procedure, candidates are requested to visit the University's Directorate's official website: http://www.kuvempuuniversitydde.org/.
- Date of Issue of Application Form:November 8, 2011
- Last Date of Submission of Application Form:December 15, 2011
- With late fee of Rs 100: December 31, 2011
The AsiaGSB Management Aptitude Test (AMAT) is an all-India entrance examination for admission to the Post Graduate Management Program conducted by Asia Graduate School of Business. This test is administered and conducted by a Committee comprising of faculty from Fisher College of Business at The Ohio State University, ITM Group of Institutions and AsiaGSB.
Candidates should have a Bachelor's degree in any discipline with 50% of marks from a recognized university and work experience of two years.
The candidates will be selected based on CAT/XAT/GMAT/AMAT score, group discussion and interview conducted by the institute.
How to apply:
- The application form can be downloaded from the official website of ASIA Graduate School of Business.
- The filled application form along with a demand draft of Rs. 1000/- in favor of “ITM Edutech India Ltd A/c PGMP" Payable at Mumbai”. should be submitted to the admission office.
Last date for the submission of application form is January 05, 2012.
Asia Graduate School of Business,
Plot No 502/B. Second Floor,
Amara Jyothi, Road No 31,
Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad – 500033.
Ph No: +91 40 – 23552078.