Course offered by Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning
- Certificate Program in Consumer Protection Act CPCPA
Eligibility to Take Admission at Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning
- Graduate* in any discipline from a recognized University
- Diploma holders, (3 years diploma from recognized Polytechnic) with minimum 5 years supervisory experience after completion of diploma
- International students who have graduated from a recognized University
How To Apply for Take Admission at Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning
- For Prospectus & Application form, please contact SCDL at email@example.com during the enrollment period.
- SCDL prospectus and application forms are available at SCDL offices in Pune, Nasik, Bangalore and select Axis Bank branches nationwide, on payment of Rs. 1000/- by cash or Rs. 1100/- for receipt of prospectus within India or US$ 75 / Rs. 3600/ - for receipt outside India.
Important Date to Take Admission at Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning
Closing Date: NA
Contact Details to Take Admission at Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning
1st Floor, New Mgmt. Building, Atur Centre, 1068, Gokhale Cross Rd., Model Colony
Read About Symbiosis College of Arts and Commerce, Pune
Over 7,500 take BCom entrance exam
The BCom entrance exam was peacefully conducted at National PG College on Friday. As many as 7,870 students appeared for the exams at 10 different centres in the city. The exam began at 11.00 a.m. and continued till 12.30 pm.
As per college principal, SP Singh, nearly 350 students came rushing to NPGC after they finished writing the BCom entrance exam in Isabella Thoburn (IT) College. At IT, the exam was scheduled from 9 am and continued till 12 noon. However, students who finished the exam early were allowed to leave the examination hall.
In NPGC, 98% of the total students were present in the exam. The college had made special arrangements for students who had appeared for BCom entrance exam in IT College. The college allowed 45 minutes late entry to such students. Further, they also gave relaxation in a way that these students were allowed to come and appear in the exam at NPGC and not at the allotted centres as it would waste their time.
Crafting Creative Communications at MICA
This six-month programme leads to a certificate in Crafting Creative Communications with specialisation in Crafting Copywriting or Art Direction, depending on the module chosen by the student. The main objective of this programme is to develop students into high caliber professionals for creative careers in Marketing Communications.
The programme specifically attempts the following at MICA:
- To equip participants with conceptual, behavioural and technical skills
- To offer hands-on experience to become effective communication professionals
- To impart a sense of values that encompasses not only professional work ethics but also a commitment to and passion for creative communication
- To discipline creative instincts and to encourage the use of imagination in diverse fields
- To work towards meeting the objectives stated in the brief and deliver within the deadline
Overview & Pedagogy
Most sessions will be interactive using diverse examples and exercises, case studies, classroom discussions, group exercises and presentations to create an atmosphere of learning-by-doing. Periodic assignments will allow participants to develop skills required for the complete process of idea-generation and elaboration from doodles to full-blown multimedia campaigns. Although there are two modules to choose from (and two mandatory), there are common classes for both, which means that every student is required to assimilate information from all four modules. There is no final examination; instead, every student has to prepare a portfolio of work done during the year and present it at the end of the course to jury members. The student will be graded based on his or her chosen module.
Apart from learning at the institute each student will be offered an opportunity to work as an intern with a leading ad agency, a design house or a production house.
- Who are we looking for?
- We are looking for participants who are intellectually curious and imaginative, have diverse interests and a sense of humour. A flair for writing and the ability to visualise will be seen as a major advantage. They should be knowledgeable about advertising, possess lateral thinking prowess, and above all show strength of character.
With every new batch of Crafting Creative Communications (CCC) at MICA, we hand-pick a bunch of boat-rockers, mavericks, wranglers and disrupters-of-the-status-quo, and put them through a creative commando boot camp. Then we release them upon an unsuspecting world as copywriters, art directors and TV commercial makers.
Curriculum at MICA
- An Overview of the Advertising Industry
- These sessions will explain how an ad agency works, the key departments, and the functions of each of these departments.
- The Basics of Brand Management
- Identifying brand stakeholders
- Understanding how stakeholders currently perceive your brand
- Studying competition and market trends
- Defining brand positioning
- Defining brand promise
- Advertising Strategy
Admissions Criteria at MICA
This course does not require participants to have passed CAT (Common Admission Test). However, a Bachelor's degree or an equivalent qualification in any discipline recognised by the Association of Indian Universities is requisite. For participants in the Crafting Creative Art Direction (Module B), an equivalent diploma/degree in Fine Arts or Applied Arts is mandatory.
Application Process and Timelines
HOW TO APPLY at MICA
- The application form can be downloaded from here.
- The completed form should be sent along with a crossed demand draft for Rs. 1750/- in favour of Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad, payable at Ahmedabad. The same can also be obtained from the Admissions Office, MICA.
SELECTION PROCESS at MICA
Completed application forms and demand draft for Rs. 1750/- should reach MICA before the final date of receiving applications. The selection process is simple yet institutionalised. Every applicant is given the opportunity to take the written test.
The written test is conducted through internet/Email and successful candidates will be shortlisted for a campus interview to be held at MICA. The final selection of candidates will be based on overall performance.
IMPORTANT DATES for Take Admission at MICA
- Last date for submission of forms : June 20, 2012
- Date for online written test : June 25, 2012
- Personal Interview : July 25/26/27, 2012
- Final list of the candidates : July 30, 2012
- Last date for Submission of Fee : August 11, 2012
- Programme Commencement : Mid August 2012 (The date will be announced later)
Know More About Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad (MICA) - Gujarat
Master’s Scholarship in Mass Communication, Educational Planning & Administration, Public Policy/Public Administration, Education Supervision & Monitoring/ Education Planning, Education in Emergency/Disaster Management, Special Education, Primary/Elementary Education funded by Ministry of Education Bhutan 2012
Study Subject(s):Mass Communication, Educational Planning & Administration, Public Policy/Public Administration, Education Supervision & Monitoring/ Education Planning, Education in Emergency/Disaster Management, Special Education, Primary/Elementary Education
Scholarship Provider: Ministry of Education Bhutan
- Scholarship can be taken at: India
Eligibility for GoI Scholarship for Master’s Degree Programmes for 2012
Class XII mark sheet and certificate or Diploma in Teaching/PTC mark sheet and certificate for those without Class XII passed certificate; Refer “Eligibility” under In-service Training Rules, Chapter 9, BCSR 2010.
Scholarship Open for International Students: No
Scholarship Description: The Ministry of Education is pleased to announce the availability of 40 slots under Government of India postgraduate scholarship to be undertaken in India from July/August 2012.
How to Apply for GoI Scholarship for Master’s Degree Programmes for 2012:
Scholarship Application Deadline for GoI Scholarship for Master’s Degree Programmes for 2012:
- 21 st June 2012
Ambedkar University, Delhi (AUD) along with Pradan, an NGO working towards development in the rural sector, has launched a new MPhil programme in development practice to begin from the academic session of 2012-13. The two-year (four semester) programme has a total intake of 25 students. The course is intended for those who are interested in community service and grassroots development.
According to Dr Anup Dhar, faculty, school of human studies and in-charge of the development practice programme, the university already has development studies as a full-fledged course, which basically involves research; but there was a need to have a professional course as well, which will go beyond research and actually focus on practice. The programme is a blend of classroom and field study.
"We are setting up a development centre at the university, which will become a training hub for students. As part of the course curriculum, students will study development, psychological processes and group learning from both management and psychological perspectives," says Dhar.
Further, elaborating on the module of the course, he says, while the first semester is exclusively on theory, students will have a 10-week village stay and study, twice, during the second and third semesters. This is when they will study and work along with the village people on their problems. The fourth semester is the action-research phase, exclusively in the villages, as students will be initiating change projects, thereby, creating self-help groups and other such strategies.
"The project in the last semester is meant for students to usher in a small change in the village and people's life there. They will be required to initiate a feasible action-research project and document the entire process to bring about some degree of change. This project will serve as their dissertation for the programme," informs Dhar.
To facilitate students during their stay in the villages and project work, a fellowship of Rs 15,000 will be given to them throughout the programme. Eligible students require a Masters with 55% aggregate marks in the social sciences, humanities and natural sciences or professional degrees like law, engineering, agriculture and medicine.
Know More About Ambedkar University, Delhi or AUD