SNAP 2012 Description
Symbiosis National Aptitude (SNAP 2012) Test is an entrance test for admission to postgraduate management courses of Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM), Pune and various other Symbiosis International University (SIU) institutes in India. Giving SNAP 2012 is just a pre-condition for admission to the various Symbiosis institutes. Candidates have to apply separately to the various institutes in which they are interested in to take admission. The students have to give their best to secure high marks in this exam. SIBM, Pune was the first Symbiosis Institute and was established in 1978. SIBM is considered to be among the best management institutes in India. In addition to SIBM there are 10 other Symbiosis Institutes, admission in which is through SNAP 2012. These institutes are either affiliated to SIEC Deemed University or approved by AICTE.
SNAP 2012 Contact Details
Symbiosis International University
020-39116226 / 27
|Test Period||Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP 2012) is generally held in Month of December|
|This Year Date||Not Announced|
SNAP 2012 Conducting Body
SNAP 2012 Test is conducted under the aegis of SIEC Deemed University.
SNAP 2012 Eligibility
For Indian Candidates
- A graduate from any statutory university with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for
SC/ST candidates) at graduation level.
- Candidates passing degree examination by part time/distancelearning/correspondence/open school are not eligible.
- Final year appearing students can apply but their admission will be subject to obtaining a minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ST candidates) at qualifying examination.
Categories under International Students Admissions:
Foreign National (FN):
A student is eligible to apply as a Foreign National (FN) if he/she holds a foreign
Person of Indian Origin (PIO):
A student is eligible to apply as a Person of Indian Origin (PIO) if he/she has a PIO
card, and is a citizen of a country other than India.
Non Resident Indian (NRI):
(At the Undergraduate Level)
A student is eligible to apply as a Non Resident Indian (NRI), if he/she has appeared for the last qualifying exam (equivalent to the Indian 10+2) outside India.
(At the Postgraduate Level)
A student is eligible to apply as a Non Resident Indian (NRI) if he/she has appeared either for the 10+2 (equivalent to the Indian 10+2) examination or Graduation outside India. It is mandatory for one of the two qualifying examinations to be given outside India.
It is mandatory for the Postgraduate Students who fall in the NRI Category and have appeared for their graduation in India to appear for the SNAP 2012 TEST.
SNAP 2012 Exam Pattern
- SNAP 2012 Test duration is 120 minutes.
- SNAP 2012 Test is an objective test.
- There are four sections in the test and they are general english, quantative apptitude and data interpretation, general awareness, and analytical reasoning.
- Each section has different number of questions.
- Each question has 4 responses, candidates have to choose a response.
- Total marks in the test is 180.
- There is negative marking and each wrong answer attracts 25% negative marks.
SNAP 2012 Courses
There are different courses offered by different Symbiosis Institutes across india and following courses are common to all.
SNAP 2012 Fees Details
Candidate need to pay a non-refundable SNAP 2012 test fee Rs. 1550/- through the different payment modes i.e by Cash, by Demand Draft, by Credit card or by Net banking. Candidates can choose any of these modes of payment.
SNAP 2012 Extra Information
Registeration For SNAP 2012
Log in to www.snaptest.org, To register for SNAP 2012 Test, candidate is required to upload a latest scanned photograph of self at the time of online registration. Online registration will generate your SNAP 2012 ID.
Candidate need to pay a non-refundable SNAP 2012 test fee Rs. 1550/- through the different payment modes.
PAYMENT THROUGH CASH:
- After online SNAP 2012 registration print ‘Axis Bank Challan’ from SNAP 2012 website, this is in 3 parts. Pay Rs. 1550/- in cash only at any Axis Bank branch in your city. Refer to the list of branches on the website. The bank will return two stamped parts of the ‘Axis Bank Challan’. ‘Student copy’ as a receipt for candidate.
- Sign and stamped ‘Symbiosis copy’ of the ‘Axis Bank Challan’ is required to be sent to Symbiosis International University, Pune.
PAYMENT THROUGH DEMAND DRAFT:
- Get a demand draft for Rs. 1550/- from any Nationalized Bank in favour of “Symbiosis Test Secretariat” payable at Pune.
- Take a print out and sign the ‘Payment Advice’ form to send along with the DD to the “Symbiosis Test Secretariat” Symbiosis International University, Pune. The photocopy of the Demand Draft should be kept for further references.
ONLINE PAYMENT THROUGH CREDIT CARD:
- The candidate may pay directly through either Master or Visa card online and follow the instructions on the SNAP 2012 website.
ONLINE PAYMENT THROUGH NET BANKING:
- The candidate may transfer SNAP 2012 test fee to Symbiosis Test Secretariat account using Net Banking option too.
Admit Card should be printed from the SNAP 2012 website. This will be operative from December. Candidates should always be careful for the following:
- Print the Admit Card online.
- Bring the Admit card with the Photo Id Proof to the Test Centre. An acceptable photo identity is any one of Passport/Driving license/College / Institute identity card, Credit card with photograph, Voter ID Card. At the time of the written test, it is mandatory to produce photo identity as described above. Symbiosis Authorized Person will verify and authenticate your Admit Card against the photo-id. Please preserve this authenticated Admit Card for further GD/PI processes.
[Please Note that no duplicate Admit Card will be issued in case if it is lost by the candidate].
SNAP 2012 Syllabus
Geometry, (Lines, angles, Triangles, Spheres, Rectangles, Cube, Cone etc) Ratios and Proportion, Ratios, Percentages, In-equations Quadratic and linear equations Algebra, Profit & Loss, Averages, Percentages, Partnership, Time-Speed-Distance, Work and time, Number system, HCF, LCM, Geometric Progression, Arithmetic progression, Arithmetic mean, Geometric mean , Harmonic mean, Median, Mode, Number Base System, BODMAS, Mensuration, Alligation & Mixtures, Work, Pipes and Cisterns, Simple Interest & Compound Interest, Set Theory, Venn Diagram, Instalment Payments, Partnership, Clocks, Probability, Permutations & Combinations, Topics like Trigonometry, Vectors, Binomial Expansion, Co-ordinate geometry, Logarithm, Calendar, Maxima & Minima Progression, Surds & Indices and Complex numbers.
DI AND REASONING :
Data Interpretation based on text, Data Interpretation based on graphs and tables.
Graphs can be Column graphs, Bar Graphs, Line charts, Pie Chart, Graphs representing Area, Venn Diagram, etc. Critical reasoning, Visual reasoning, Assumption-Premise-Conclusion, Assertion and reasons, Statements and assumptions, identifying valid inferences , identifying Strong arguments and Weak arguments, Statements and conclusions, Cause and Effect, Identifying Probably true, Probably false, definitely true, definitely false kind of statement, Linear arrangements, Matrix arrangements. Puzzles, Syllogisms, Functions, Family tree - identifying relationship among group of people, Symbol Based problems, Coding and decoding , Sequencing , identifying next number in series, etc.
Comprehension of passage ( Poems can also come).
Verbal Reasoning, Syllogisms , Contextual usage, Analogies, Antonyms, Fill In the Blanks, Jumbled paragraphs with 4 or 5 sentences, Jumbled paragraphs (6 sentences with first and last fixed), Sentence Correction, Foreign language words used in English, Sentence completion, Sentence correction, odd man out, idioms, one word substitution, Different usage of same word etc.
Current Affairs, Business, Punch line of companies, Top officials of big companies, Major corporate events
Famous award and prizes
Books and authors
Science, History, Geography, International organisations
Social issues, Sports, Finance, Automobiles, Entertainment, Politics etc.
SNAP 2012 Dates
These are dates of Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP) 2010
- SNAP Registration Closes on 26 November, 2010.
- Downloading of Admit Card
7th December to 19th December, 2010.
- SNAP Test Date is 19th December, 2010.
- SNAP Test Result 12th January, 2011.
SNAP 2012 Related Information
SNAP 2012 - Symbiosis National Aptitude Test 2012 | SNAP 2012 Eligibiltiy Criteria | SNAP 2012 Dates | SNAP 2012 Application Procedure | SNAP 2012 Admissions | SNAP 2012 Fess | SNAP 2012 Colleges | SNAP 2012 Exam Centers | SNAP 2012 Online Form | SNAP 2012 Dates | SNAP 2012 Preparation Tips | SNAP 2012 Notifications | SNAP 2012 Question Papers | SNAP 2012 Sample Papers | SNAP 2012 Model Question Papers | SNAP 2012 Study Material | SNAP 2012 Results | SNAP 2012 Exam Results | SNAP 2012 Exam Schedule | SNAP 2012 Paper Schedule | SNAP 2012 in India | SNAP 2012 Application Form | SNAP 2012 Syllabus | SNAP 2012 Details | SNAP 2012 Exam Details | SNAP 2012 Question Papers with Answers | SNAP 2012 Question Bank | SNAP 2012 Mock Test | SNAP 2012 Answer Keys | SNAP 2012 Timings | SNAP 2012 Exam Duration | List of colleges accepting SNAP 2012 score