MAT 2012 Description
Management Aptitude Test 2012 is an aptitude test MAT 2012 is conducted by Centre for Management Services, which is a specialized division of AIMA (All India Management Association). MAT 2012 is usually conducted 4 times in a year in January, May, September and December. Every year it is taken by MBA aspirants in India, as a good score in MAT 2012 is likely to put the candidate in a reputed and AICTE approved management institutions. Presently, MAT 2012 has even got the status of a National Entrance Test by the Ministry of HRD (Government of India, letter no. F.17-20/2003-TS.I dated 23 November 2004). Besides having test centers all over India, MAT 2012 is also conducted in overseas location.
MAT 2012 Contact Details
All India Management Association
011 - 24645100, 24617354
|Test Period||Management Aptitude Test (MAT 2012) is generally held in Month of December|
|Last Year Date||Online Test:12-february onwards
|This Year Date||Not Announced|
MAT 2012 Conducting Body
AIMA (All India Management Association) conducts the MAT 2012.
MAT 2012 Eligibility
- The minimum qualification for appearing in MAT 2012 is graduation in any discipline from any recognised University or equivalent.
- A final year student in any undergraduate (i.e. B.A, B.Sc., B.Com., B.Tech., etc.)can also apply.
- Usually, there is a minimum percentage requirement in graduation which is different for different management institutes and universities.
- However, there is no restriction regarding percentages for taking the MAT 2012 test, no age bar and no experience required.
MAT 2012 Exam Pattern
- It is an objective type test with multiple choice answers.
- MAT 2012 consist of five sections (Language Comprehension, Mathematical skills, Data Interpretation, Intelligence and critical reasoning, and Indian and Global Environment)and each section has 40 questions.
- Test time is only 150 minutes.
- The test is designed to measure a person's general apptitudes.
- There is negative marking and one fourth marks is deducted for each worng answers
MAT 2012 Courses
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
MAT 2012 Fees Details
- Candidates can obtain Form with MAT 2012 Bulletin/CD against cash payment of Rs 1200/- (One thousand two hundred only) from selected branches of Bank of Baroda, listed Study Centres of AIMA OR against cash payment of Rs 1050/- (One thousand fifty only) from AIMA, New Delhi.
- Candidates can obtain crossed Demand Draft (DD) of Rs 1050/- (One thousand fifty only) in favour of All India Management Association payable at Delhi from any Bank.
- Candidates can register online at website www.aima-ind.org alongwith the DD details. Detailed procedure is given on the website link.
- Candidates can register online at website link www.aima-ind.org with Credit Card payment. Detailed procedure is given on the website link.(Note: No individual Postal sale by AIMA from AIMA, New Delhi)
MAT 2012 Extra Information
Difference betweent computer based test (CBT) and Written Test
- Computer Based Test means the candidate sits in front of a computer and the questions are presented on the computer monitor and the candidate submits the answers through the use of keyboard or mouse. Each computer is connected to a server, which prepares the question set and delivers it to the candidate on the computer. This is unlike the Paper Based Test, which is generally offered on a single day to all candidates. MAT 2012 is offered over a period of time and the candidate can choose the center, the day and time of his/her convenience to take the test. Computer Based Test assumes that the candidate has basic familiarity with use of computers like use of keyboard and mouse operation. It is the responsibility of the candidate to acquire these skills before appearing in the test and AIMA cannot take responsibility for the same. In traditional Paper Based Test, Candidate is supposed to bring Pen, HB-Pencils, Erasers and Sharper with him/her whereas the Question Paper & OMR Answer Sheet is provided at the Test Centre.
How to Apply
Candidate can choose any one of the following modes to apply.
- Obtain Form with MAT 2012 Bulletin/CD against cash payment of Rs 1200/- (One thousand two hundred only) from listed branches of Bank of Baroda, Axis Bank, listed Study Centres of AIMA OR against cash payment of Rs 1050/- (One thousand fifty only) from AIMA, New Delhi.
- Obtain crossed Demand Draft (DD) of Rs 1050/- (One thousand fifty only) in favour of ‘All India Management Association’ payable at Delhi from any Bank. Register online at website www.aima-ind.org/matmay11 alongwith the DD details. Detailed procedure is given on the website link.
- Register online at website link www.aima-ind.org/matmay11 with Credit Card payment. Detailed procedure is given on the website link.
- (Note: No individual Postal sale by AIMA from AIMA, New Delhi)
- All provisionally registered candidates both for Paper Based and Computer Based Test can down load their Admit Card from AIMA website link: www.aima-ind.org/mat_centre.aspx 7 days before the Paper Based test date.
- Specific Admit Card will be generated both for the candidates opted for the Paper Based Test and for the Computer Based Test.
- Admit Card would be having Candidate Name, Form No, Roll NO, Test Date, Test Time and Test Venue Address. Candidate has to strictly follow the date and time allotted to them in the case of Computer Based Test.
- Candidates applied for Computer Based Test and who have been permitted to appear for the Computer Based Test; have to down load the Admit Card 7 days before the Paper Based Test date from AIMA website.
- Candidates accessing the website the earliest can choose the Date and Time of his/her choice subject to availability. Those who have not opted the date and time slot for 4-5 days; will be automatically allotted date and time slot by the system. No request for change of date and time slot can be entertained.
MAT 2012 Syllabus
Geometry, (Lines, angles, Triangles, Spheres, Rectangles, Cube, Cone etc) Ratios and Proportion, Ratios, Percentages, In-equations Quadratic and linear equations Algebra, Profit & Loss, Averages, Percentages, Partnership, Time-Speed-Distance, Work and time, Number system, HCF, LCM, Geometric Progression, Arithmetic progression, Arithmetic mean, Geometric mean , Harmonic mean, Median, Mode, Number Base System, BODMAS, Mensuration, Alligation & Mixtures, Work, Pipes and Cisterns, Simple Interest & Compound Interest, Set Theory, Venn Diagram, Instalment Payments, Partnership, Clocks, Probability, Permutations & Combinations, Topics like Trigonometry, Vectors, Binomial Expansion, Co-ordinate geometry, Logarithm, Calendar, Maxima & Minima Progression, Surds & Indices and Complex numbers.
DI AND REASONING :
Data Interpretation based on text, Data Interpretation based on graphs and tables.
Graphs can be Column graphs, Bar Graphs, Line charts, Pie Chart, Graphs representing Area, Venn Diagram, etc. Critical reasoning, Visual reasoning, Assumption-Premise-Conclusion, Assertion and reasons, Statements and assumptions, identifying valid inferences , identifying Strong arguments and Weak arguments, Statements and conclusions, Cause and Effect, Identifying Probably true, Probably false, definitely true, definitely false kind of statement, Linear arrangements, Matrix arrangements. Puzzles, Syllogisms, Functions, Family tree - identifying relationship among group of people, Symbol Based problems, Coding and decoding , Sequencing , identifying next number in series, etc.
Comprehension of passage ( Poems can also come).
Verbal Reasoning, Syllogisms , Contextual usage, Analogies, Antonyms, Fill In the Blanks, Jumbled paragraphs with 4 or 5 sentences, Jumbled paragraphs (6 sentences with first and last fixed), Sentence Correction, Foreign language words used in English, Sentence completion, Sentence correction, odd man out, idioms, one word substitution, Different usage of same word etc.
Current Affairs, Business, Punch line of companies, Top officials of big companies, Major corporate events
Famous award and prizes
Books and authors
Science, History, Geography, International organisations
Social issues, Sports, Finance, Automobiles, Entertainment, Politics etc.
MAT 2012 Dates
These are important dates for Management Aptitude Test (MAT) February, 2011
- MAT written test
6th February, 2011
- MAT computer based test date
12th February, 2011 onwards
- Last date for sale of Forms
15th January, 2011
- Last date for submission of filled in registration forms at AIMA, New Delhi
18th January, 2011
- Last date for Online Registration
15th January, 2011
- Last date for submission of filled in Online registration forms at AIMA, New Delhi
18th January, 2011
- Candidates can download their Admit Card from site
29th January to 4th February, 2011
MAT 2012 Related Information
MAT 2012 - Management Aptitude Test 2012 | Colleges accepting MAT 2012 score | MAT 2012 | Management Aptitude Test 2012 | MAT 2012 Admissions | MAT 2012 Answer Keys | MAT 2012 Application Form | MAT 2012 Application Procedure | MAT 2012 Colleges | MAT 2012 Dates | MAT 2012 Details | MAT 2012 Eligibiltiy Criteria | MAT 2012 Exam Centers | MAT 2012 Exam Details | MAT 2012 Exam Duration | MAT 2012 Exam Results | MAT 2012 Exam Schedule | MAT 2012 Feb | MAT 2012 february | MAT 2012 Fess | MAT 2012 in India | MAT 2012 May | MAT 2012 May bulletin | MAT 2012 May news | MAT 2012 May Registration | MAT 2012 May Result | MAT 2012 May Result date | MAT 2012 Mock Test | MAT 2012 Model Question Papers | MAT 2012 Notifications | MAT 2012 Online Form | MAT 2012 Paper Schedule | MAT 2012 Preparation Tips | MAT 2012 Question Bank | MAT 2012 Question Papers | MAT 2012 Question Papers with Answers | MAT 2012 Registration | MAT 2012 Result | MAT 2012 Results | MAT 2012 Sample Papers | MAT 2012 Study Material | MAT 2012 Syllabus | MAT 2012 Timings | MAT bulletin 2012 | MAT bulletin Feb 2012 | MAT Exam 2012 | MAT Exam Result 2012 | MAT Feb 2012 | MAT Feb 2012 Registration | MAT Feb 2012 Result | MAT Feb 2012 Result date | MAT Feb Result 2012 | MAT february 2012 | MAT february 2012 Result | MAT May 2012 | MAT May 2012 online Registration | MAT May 2012 Result | MAT May 2012 Result date