FMS 2012 Description
FMS 2012, short for Faculty of Management Studies, is an elite business management institute of Delhi University. FMS 2012 was founded in 1954 and it was the first management institute in the country to offer management training for proffesional managers in the form of a MBA part time program. FMS 2012 entrance exam exam is conducted each year. Tests is designed to examine the skill and aptitude of an applicant for the management courses taught at FMS 2012, University of Delhi.The network of more than 9000 alumni gives students unmatched access to information, mentors and careers.
FMS 2012 Contact Details
The Administrative Officer
+91 11 2766 6382 / 6387 / 6388
|Test Period||Faculty of management studies (FMS 2012) is generally held in Month of December/January|
|This Year Date||Not Announced|
FMS 2012 Conducting Body
FMS 2012 entrance exam is conducted by the institute itself with the collaboration of Delhi University.
FMS 2012 Eligibility
The eligibility criteria are same for both the full-time programmes: MBA & MBA MS:
- Candidates must have pursued 3-year Bachelor's Degree programme after twelve years of formal schooling in any of the disciplines.
- Candidates should have minimum requisite percentage of marks: Arts, Commerce or Social Sciences- 50%, Sciences- 55%, Mathematics or Statistics- 60%, Medicine, Engineering or Technology- 60% / CGPA of at least 6 on a scale of 10. OR have a Post Graduate Degree after 10+2+3 scheme, securing at least 60%marks.
- In case of SC/ST/OBC/PH/CW candidates relaxation of 5% marks is allowed.
- Candidates must have attained minimum age of 20 years.
- Candidates in the final year of Bachelor's Degree/Post-Graduate Degree are eligible to apply for the Entrance Test on condition that they provide evidence of passing the qualifying exam at the time of admission.
For Part-Time MBA are as follows:
- Candidates should have passed a bachelor's degree examination with a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate.
- Relaxation of marks are made for those who scored more than 55% marks in aggregate in their PG degree or at least 60% in a Diploma in Personnel Management, Diploma in Sales & Marketing or Diploma in Administrative Management of Delhi University conducted by FMS 2012 in earlier years.
- Candidates should have at least three years experience as an executive or an administrator.
- Candidates must be sponsored by their present employer.
For part time MBA HCA are as follows:
- Candidates should have passed a Bachelor's Degree Examination in Medicine.
- They should have at least five years of experience in Hospital Administration.
- Candidate must be sponsored by their present employer.
- There is no entrance test for this programme and selection is made on the basis of candidate's eligibility and interview performance.
FMS 2012 Exam Pattern
- This test consists of four sections, quantative aptitude, verbal ability, english comprehension, and analytival reasoning.
- English Usage section has 35 questions, Reading Comprehension has 40 questions, Analytical and Logical Reasoning has 50 questions, Quantitative Aptitude has 50 questions.
- Total number of questions in FMS 2012 exam is 175.
- The duration of the FMS 2012 test is 120 minutes.
- It is mandatory to score more than 50% marks in every section for you to get a call for the next round.
- Selection is made on the basis of overall percentage of marks achieved by the students.
FMS 2012 Courses
- 2-year Full Time MBA (Master of Business Administration)
- 2-year Full Time MBA MS (Management of Services)
- 3-year Part Time MBA(Master of Business Administration)
- 3-year Part Time MBA HCA (Health Care Administration)
FMS 2012 Fees Details
Applicants can register themselves for the test through FMS 2012 website (www.fms.edu) by filling up online registration forms and by paying requisite fee of Rs 750/- (Rs 200/- for SC/ST category) for each programme.
FMS 2012 Extra Information
North Campus: The Administrative Officer Faculty of Management Studies University of Delhi, Delhi - 110 007
Tel: +91 11 2766 6382 / 6387 / 6388
South Campus: The Administrative Officer Faculty of Management Studies Shanti Prasad Jain Advanced Management Research Center University of Delhi South Campus Benito Juarez Road, Delhi - 110 021
Tel: +91 11 2687 5875 / 5879 Fax: 2687 5878
For any other inquiries please contact: Faculty of Management Studies University of Delhi Delhi - 110007
Tel : +91 11 2766 6382 / 6388 Fax : +91 11 2766 7002
FMS 2012 Syllabus
Geometry, (Lines, angles, Triangles, Spheres, Rectangles, Cube, Cone etc) Ratios and Proportion, Ratios, Percentages, In-equations Quadratic and linear equations Algebra Profit & Loss Averages, Percentages, Partnership Time-Speed-Distance, Work and time Number system: HCF, LCM, Geometric Progression, Arithmetic progression, Arithmetic mean, Geometric mean , Harmonic mean, Median, Mode, Number Base System, BODMAS Mensuration, Alligation & Mixtures, Work, Pipes and Cisterns Simple Interest & Compound InterestSet Theory, Venn Diagram Instalment Payments, Partnership, ClocksProbability, Permutations & Combinations Topics like Trigonometry, Vectors, Binomial Expansion, Co-ordinate geometry, Logarithm, Calendar, Maxima & Minima Progression, Surds & Indices and Complex numbers are less likely to be there in FMS 2012 entrance test.
DI AND REASONING :
Data Interpretation based on text, Data Interpretation based on graphs and tables. Graphs can be Column graphs, Bar Graphs, Line charts, Pie Chart, Graphs representing Area, Venn Diagram, etc.Critical reasoning, Visual reasoning, Assumption-Premise-Conclusion, Assertion and reasons, Statements and assumptions, identifying valid inferences , identifying Strong arguments and Weak arguments, Statements and conclusions, Cause and Effect, Identifying Probably true, Probably false, definitely true, definitely false kind of statement, Linear arrangements, Matrix arrangements.Puzzles, Syllogisms, Functions, Family tree - identifying relationship among group of people, Symbol Based problems, Coding and decoding , Sequencing , identifying next number in series, etc.
Comprehension of passage ( Poems can also come). Verbal Reasoning, Syllogisms , Contextual usage, Analogies, Antonyms, Fill In the Blanks, Jumbled paragraphs with 4 or 5 sentences, Jumbled paragraphs (6 sentences with first and last fixed), Sentence Correction, Foreign language words used in English, Sentence completion, Sentence correction, odd man out, idioms, one word substitution, Different usage of same word etc.
FMS 2012 Dates
These are important dates for Faculty of management studies Entrance Test (FMS) 2011
- Online Registration
6th September to 15th October, 2010
- Last date to submit the Application form
15th October, 2010
- Aptitude test for MBA(FT) & Ph.D
5th December, 2010
- Aptitude test for MBA(PT) & MBA(PT)HCA
23rd January, 2011
- Final result will be declared on
10th February, 2011
FMS 2012 Related Information
FMS 2012 - Faculty of management studies 2012 | FMS 2012 Eligibiltiy Criteria | FMS 2012 Dates | FMS 2012 Application Procedure | FMS 2012 Admissions | FMS 2012 Fess | FMS 2012 Colleges | FMS 2012 Exam Centers | FMS 2012 Online Form | FMS 2012 Dates | FMS 2012 Preparation Tips | FMS 2012 Notifications | FMS 2012 Question Papers | FMS 2012 Sample Papers | FMS 2012 Model Question Papers | FMS 2012 Study Material | FMS 2012 Results | FMS 2012 Exam Results | FMS 2012 Exam Schedule | FMS 2012 Paper Schedule | FMS 2012 in India | FMS 2012 Application Form | FMS 2012 Syllabus | FMS 2012 Details | FMS 2012 Exam Details | FMS 2012 Question Papers with Answers | FMS 2012 Question Bank | FMS 2012 Mock Test | FMS 2012 Answer Keys | FMS 2012 Timings | FMS 2012 Exam Duration | List of colleges accepting FMS 2012 score