NMAT 2012 Description
NMAT 2012 is very popular exam amoung the MBA aspirants, but it is hard nut to crack. The NMAT 2012 is designed on a multiple-choice question format that includes Language Skills, Quantitative Skills, Data Interpretation, Data Sufficiency and Logical Reasoning. Candidates will get admission if they meet the required standards of a two-stage selection process. All eligible candidates are required to appear for the computer based NMAT 2012 to be conducted across the country. Short listed candidates will have to appear for group discussion and personal interview which will be held in Mumbai only. Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Higher Studies was established by Shri Vile Parle Kelavani Mandal Educational Trust, in 1981. In 2003, the institute acquired the status of a Deemed University and was awarded with ISO 9001:2000 certification.
NMAT 2012 Contact Details
SVKM's Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies,
|Test Period||Narsee Monjee Management Aptitude Test (NMAT 2012) is generally held in Month of December/January|
|This Year Date||Not Announced|
NMAT 2012 Conducting Body
NMAT 2012 (National Management Aptitude Test) is an entrance test conducted by Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) for admission to its various MBA programmes.
NMAT 2012 Eligibility
- The candidates should be graduates in any discipline from a recognized University, with not less than 50% aggregate marks.
- The candidates with two years of work experience after graduation are given preference.
- Those who are appearing in the final year degree examination or are waiting for results can also apply.
For MBA Actuarial Science
- The candidate should be a graduate in Statistics / Mathematics / Engineering /Economics / Computer Science / Allied Sciences from a recognized University, with at least 50% aggregate marks.
- The candidates with two years of work experience after graduation will be preferred.
- The candidate with graduate or postgraduate degree with Mathematical subjects like Mathematics or any of its branches, Statistics or any of its sub classification such as Mathematical Statistics and Applied Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, any discipline of Engineering, Physics or its allied branches and should have secured minimum of 50% marks in aggregate are also eligible.
- The candidates, who possess graduation or post graduation degree in other disciplines, are required to have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with not less than 85% marks in Mathematics /Statistics.
- Fully qualified members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) and The Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India (ICWAI) are also eligible.
For MBA Banking Management & MBA Capital Market
- The candidate should have passed Bachelor's program in any discipline from a recognized University, with at least 50% aggregate marks.
- The candidates with minimum of two years of work experience after graduation will be preferred.
For MBA Pharmaceutical Management
- The candidate should possess Bachelor's Degree in Life Sciences/ Pharmacy, Microbiology, bio-tech and bio-chemistry with not less than 50% aggregate marks, from a recognized University.
- The candidates with Post Graduate degree in Sociology/psychology/Economics/Anthropology are also eligible.
- The candidates with two years of work experience after graduation will be preferred.
- The candidates, who possess Bachelor's Degree in any discipline from a recognized University along with three years post qualification work experience in Supervisory/Executive Cadre as on 31st December of the year of admission, are eligible.
For Full Time EPGDBM (Bangalore Campus)
- The candidates should have passed Bachelor's Degree in any discipline from a recognized University with not less than 50% aggregate marks.
- In addition, the candidate should possess five years of post qualification work experience in Supervisory/ Executive Cadre as on 31st December of the year of admission.
For Ph.D. Program
- The candidates with postgraduate or equivalent degree in disciplines such as humanities, social sciences, pure sciences and Commerce, from a recognized university/ deemed university/ institution recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) with at least 60% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA are eligible.
- The candidates with Post-graduate Diploma in Business Administration, which is considered as equivalent to MBA by AIU, are also eligible.
- Apart from graduating, the candidates are required to possess at least 5 years of full time work experience in executive or supervisory capacity after post graduation.
- The candidates, who have studied Engineering and have secured minimum of 65% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA at degree level, are eligible provided they possess 5 years of work experience in Academic / Academic Institution / Research /Corporate.
NMAT 2012 Exam Pattern
- Narsee Monjee Management Aptitude Test 2012 NMAT 2012, consists of 120 questions, which have to be answered in 120 minutes.
- The total 120 questions are divided into three sections, Language Skills, Quantative Skills, and Logical Reasoning.
- Section I consists of 32 questions on Language Skills
- Section II consists of 48 questions on Quantitative Skills, Data Interpretation.
- Section III comprises of 40 questions on Logical Reasoning.
- All questions are of objective type, which are required to be answered in separate OMR sheets.
- There is negative marking in the test. Every correct answer fetches one mark while for every wrong answer 0.25 marks deducted from the total.
- Multiple answers indicated against a question will be considered as wrong.
NMAT 2012 Courses
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) Full Time
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) Part Time
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) Excutive
- Ph.D Programme
NMAT 2012 Fees Details
Candidates have to registered first to take NMAT 2012. The registration charges for NMAT 2012 will be Rs.1650/- for normal registration & Rs. 2150/ for late registration and the mode of payment will be as under:
- Debit or credit card or
- Cash at bank or
- Demand Draft
NMAT 2012 Extra Information
Registration for NMAT 2012
Candidates can regiter for NMAT 2012 through an online registration application available on website www.pearsonvueindia.com/nmat from 9:00 am (IST) onwards starting first week of September. Online registrations will close at 11:59 pm Indian Standard Time (IST) on middle of October. NMIMS shall not accept registrations from candidates in any other mode or form.
Candidate will be able to schedule the test on his / her preferred date, time slot and Test Centre only if seats are available at that Test Centre for the date and time slot being sought (First Come First Serve basis). As the candidates will be required to schedule their NMAT 2012 test after registering through an online application system, the earlier they register, the sooner they will receive their username and password and they will be able to schedule their test online. Candidates may not get their preferred date, slot and Test Centre if other candidates have already taken up the available seats for that particular date, slot and center. In such a situation, candidates would need to look at other options of date, time slot and Test Centre and schedule their test accordingly.
NMAT 2012 Syllabus
No specific syllabus has been designed for Narsee Monjee Management Aptitude Test 2012 (NMAT 2012). Generally, the entrance exam tests the candidate's knowledge under three sections- Language Skills, Quantitative Skills, Data Interpretation & DS, and Logical Reasoning. But they should have good knowledge of the following topics.
Geometry, (Lines, angles, Triangles, Spheres, Rectangles, Cube, Cone etc) Ratios and Proportion, Ratios, Percentages, In-equations Quadratic and linear equations Algebra, Profit & Loss, Averages, Percentages, Partnership, Time-Speed-Distance, Work and time, Number system, HCF, LCM, Geometric Progression, Arithmetic progression, Arithmetic mean, Geometric mean , Harmonic mean, Median, Mode, Number Base System, BODMAS, Mensuration, Alligation & Mixtures, Work, Pipes and Cisterns, Simple Interest & Compound Interest, Set Theory, Venn Diagram, Instalment Payments, Partnership, Clocks, Probability, Permutations & Combinations, Topics like Trigonometry, Vectors, Binomial Expansion, Co-ordinate geometry, Logarithm, Calendar, Maxima & Minima Progression, Surds & Indices and Complex numbers.
DI AND REASONING :
Data Interpretation based on text, Data Interpretation based on graphs and tables.
Graphs can be Column graphs, Bar Graphs, Line charts, Pie Chart, Graphs representing Area, Venn Diagram, etc. Critical reasoning, Visual reasoning, Assumption-Premise-Conclusion, Assertion and reasons, Statements and assumptions, identifying valid inferences , identifying Strong arguments and Weak arguments, Statements and conclusions, Cause and Effect, Identifying Probably true, Probably false, definitely true, definitely false kind of statement, Linear arrangements, Matrix arrangements. Puzzles, Syllogisms, Functions, Family tree - identifying relationship among group of people, Symbol Based problems, Coding and decoding , Sequencing , identifying next number in series, etc.
Comprehension of passage ( Poems can also come).
Verbal Reasoning, Syllogisms , Contextual usage, Analogies, Antonyms, Fill In the Blanks, Jumbled paragraphs with 4 or 5 sentences, Jumbled paragraphs (6 sentences with first and last fixed), Sentence Correction, Foreign language words used in English, Sentence completion, Sentence correction, odd man out, idioms, one word substitution, Different usage of same word etc.
Current Affairs, Business, Punch line of companies, Top officials of big companies, Major corporate events
Famous award and prizes
Books and authors
Science, History, Geography, International organisations
Social issues, Sports, Finance, Automobiles, Entertainment, Politics etc.
NMAT 2012 Dates
These are important dates for Narsee Monjee Management Aptitude Test (NMAT) 2011
- Online Registration
6th September to 15th October, 2010
- Last date to submit the Application form
15th October, 2010
- Aptitude test for MBA(FT) & Ph.D
5th December, 2010
- Aptitude test for MBA(PT) & MBA(PT)HCA
23rd January, 2011
- Final result will be declared on
10th February, 2011
NMAT 2012 Related Information
NMAT 2012 - Narsee Monjee Management Aptitude Test 2012 | NMAT 2012 Eligibiltiy Criteria | NMAT 2012 Dates | NMAT 2012 Application Procedure | NMAT 2012 Admissions | NMAT 2012 Fess | NMAT 2012 Colleges | NMAT 2012 Exam Centers | NMAT 2012 Online Form | NMAT 2012 Dates | NMAT 2012 Preparation Tips | NMAT 2012 Notifications | NMAT 2012 Question Papers | NMAT 2012 Sample Papers | NMAT 2012 Model Question Papers | NMAT 2012 Study Material | NMAT 2012 Results | NMAT 2012 Exam Results | NMAT 2012 Exam Schedule | NMAT 2012 Paper Schedule | NMAT 2012 in India | NMAT 2012 Application Form | NMAT 2012 Syllabus | NMAT 2012 Details | NMAT 2012 Exam Details | NMAT 2012 Question Papers with Answers | NMAT 2012 Question Bank | NMAT 2012 Mock Test | NMAT 2012 Answer Keys | NMAT 2012 Timings | NMAT 2012 Exam Duration | List of colleges accepting NMAT 2012 score