VEE 2011 Details
VEE 2011 Description
VAEL'S EDUCATIONAL TRUST was established in 1992 with the aim of transforming an individual into a complete man with character and ability committed to national service & development. The Trust was founded by Dr.Ishari K Ganesh, M.Com, MBA, B.L, Ph.D, a visionary and an eminent educationist, in fond memory of his father Shri.Isari Velan, the Former Minister in the popular Govt. of Dr. MGR. The University status was conferred to Vel's Group of Institutions, by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India. As a logical consequence of this, the founder Chairman Dr.Ishari K.Ganesh has become the President/Chancellor and now he leads the implementation of strategic plan that aims to shape the institute's future growth.
Registrar Vels University Velan Nagar
91 - 44 - 2266 2500 2501 2502 2503
|Time Period||Month of May|
|Last Year Date|
|This Year Date||7-May-11|
VEE 2011 Conducting Body
Veis University itself conducts the test.
VEE 2011 Eligibility
A pass in 10 + 2 or its equivalent with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics (PCM). Candidates appearing for their Board Examination during March/April are also eligible to apply.
B.Pharmacy and Pharm.D:
A pass in 10 + 2 or its equivalent with Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics or Biology/Botany and Zoology. Candidates appearing for their Board Examination during March/April are also eligible to apply.
M.Pharmacy and Pharm.D (Post Baccalaureate):
A pass in B.Pharmacy degree from a recognized university. Candidates appearing for their final semester examination during April/May are also eligible to apply.
A pass in any Bachelor Degree with an average overall minimum of 50% of marks. Candidates should have studied under the 10+2+3 pattern Candidates appearing for their final semester examination during April/May are also eligible to apply.
A pass in any Bachelor Degree with Maths at Degree level (or) at +2 level. Candidates should have studied under the 10+2+3 pattern Candidates appearing for their final semester examination during April/May are also eligible to apply.
VEE 2011 Courses
B.E.: Civil engineering, Computer science and engineering, Electronics and communication engineering, Electrical and electronics engineering, Mechanical engineering
MBA: (Finance, HR, Marketing, System and production)
MBA: Logistics and supply chain management, Logistics and shipping management, Health care management
- B.Pharmacy: Pharm.D (Doctor in Pharmacy – 6 years), Pharm.D (Post Baccalaureate – 3 years)
- M.Pharmacy: Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical analysis, Pharmacy practice, Pharmacology, Pharmacognosy, Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical chemistry
VEE 2011 Fees Details
Application form and Prospectus can be obtained in any of the following manner:
Through selected Axis Banks
Through Designated Axis Bank Branches Payment of cash Rs.500/- towards application form and prospectus. A Demand Draft for Rs.300/- favouring 'Registrar, Vels University" payable at Chennai should be enclosed along with the filled-in Entrance Examination Application Form.
Download Application Forms from the site
Download the application forms and Prospectus (PDF Files) and mail the filled in application form along with a Demand Draft for Rs.800/- favouring 'Registrar, Vels University" payable at Chennai
Candidates can submit their application forms online. Payments can be made using any Credit Card / Debit Card / Net Banking.
Request for Application Forms by post
By sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope along with a D/D for Rs. 550/- favouring "Registrar, Vels University" payable at Chennai. A Demand Draft for Rs.300/- favouring 'Registrar, Vels University" payable at Chennai should be enclosed along with the filled-in Entrance Examination Application Form and sent to the University address
Purchase of Application Form and Prospectus in person.
By remitting cash Rs.500/- at the Office of Vels University, Chennai. A Demand Draft for Rs.300/- favouring Registrar, Vels University" payable at Chennai should be enclosed along with the filled-in Entrance Examination Application Form.?
VEE 2011 Extra Information
Procedures for Admission
- Selection of candidates will be based on the performance of candidates in the VEE, and their marks in the qualifying examination.
- The last date for receipt of completed application form for admission, enclosed along with the entrance examination application kit, at the University office is the tenth day from the date of publication of the results of the qualifying examinations for UG Courses (Tamil Nadu Higher Secondary Examinations) and 15 days after the publication of the results of under graduate course examinations for PG Courses. The dates will be published in National dailies.
- Application forms will be received even after the stipulated last date. Such applications will be registered as "Late Applications" and will be considered only after all the applications received in time have been exhausted.
- All the applications duly filled in along with Registration Fee should be sent either by Registered Post or can be handed over in person at the office of University and should be enclosed with: a)three Passport Size photographs of the applicant. b) Two self addressed stamped (Rs.10/-) envelope along with photocopy of:
- Mark Sheet of the qualifying examination or equivalent.
- Provisional Pass Certificate / Degree Certificate of the qualifying examination.
- Transfer Certificate and Conduct Certificate from the Institute last studied.
- Community Certificate.
- Applicants who have passed from other Universities, should get Eligibility Certificate.
- Entrance examination mark sheet.
c. Any other document / certificate required by this University / Commissioner of Technical Education / Govt. of Tamilnadu.
d. All communications should be addressed to Registrar of University indicating on the cover "Application for Admission to …………………… course"
Foreign students must also submit (i) No Objection Certificate from the Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India, New Delhi. (ii) Eligibility Certificate from the respective University. (iii) Appropriate Student Visa.
- Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- Interview Cards will be sent to those applicants who have registered and are provisionally selected. Failure to attend the interview on the specified date will result in the cancellation of the provisional selection.
- Admission for all the courses is based on merit and personal interview by the selection committee of the Institution.
- The selected candidates should report to the Directors of Schools / Heads of the Department on the specified date and time with all the original certificates.
- Candidate and his / her parent / guardian should submit a declaration in the prescribed form at the time of admission.
- The original certificates submitted at the time of admission will be returned only after the completion of the course as per current University / Government guide lines.
- Candidates are advised to take enough number of photocopies of mark sheets and other Certificates before submitting them to the University at the time of admission.
- After admission, if any student wishes to discontinue the course, he / she shall pay the entire fee payable for the complete course of study, before being relieved from the University.
- Fee once paid by the student will not be refunded under any circumstance.
- The admitted students should obey the rules and regulations in force, and the University reserves the right to dismiss a student in case of disobedience.
- The Institution is not responsible for any accident to the students due to careless handling of equipment / chemicals.
- All the students are covered under Accident Cover Insurance.
- Candidate who have passed any qualifying exams other than the Higher Secondary course examination conducted by the Government of Tamil Nadu, should obtain an Eligibility certificate from the Vel' s University by remitting the prescribed fee along with the application form. (For UG Degree)
VEE 2011 Syllabus
Following topics have greater importance: Ratios and Proportion, Ratios, Percentages, Profit and Loss, Averages, Percentages, Partnership, Time-Speed-Distance, Work and time, Number system, HCF, LCM, Geometric Progression, Arithmetic progression, Arithmetic mean, Geometric mean , Harmonic mean, Median, Mode, Number Base System, BODMAS,Alligation Mixtures, Work, Pipes and Cisterns, Simple Interest,Compound Interest, Installment Payments, Clocks, Calendar,
Following topics have greater importance: In-equations , Quadratic and linear equations, functions, Logarithm Geometry, Mensuration and solid Geometry, Geometry (Lines, angles, Triangles, Spheres, Rectangles, Cube, Cone etc),Mensuration, Co-ordinate geometry.
Other Mathematical Topics:
Set Theory, Venn Diagram, Probability, Permutations, Combinations,Binomial Expansion, Maxima-Minima Progression, Surds-Indices and Complex numbers, etc.
Data Interpretation based on text, Data Interpretation based on graphs and tables. Graphs can be Column,graphs, Bar Graphs, Line charts, Pie Chart, Graphs representing Area, Venn Diagram, Data Sufficiency etc.
Questions from these topics are asked, Critical reasoning, Visual reasoning, Assumption-Premise-Conclusion, Assertion and reasons, Statements and assumptions, identifying valid inferences , identifying Strong arguments and Weak arguments, Statements and conclusions, Cause and Effect, Identifying Probably true, Probably false, definitely true, definitely false kind of statement, Linear arrangements, Matrix arrangements, Puzzles, Family tree problem , Symbol Based problems, Coding and decoding , Sequencing , identifying next number in series etc.
Candidates should have sound knowledge of the following topics: Comprehension of passage, Verbal Reasoning, Syllogisms , Contextual usage, Analogies, Antonyms, Fill In the Blanks, Jumbled paragraphs with 4 or 5 sentences, Foreign language words used in English, Sentence completion, Sentence correction, odd man out, idioms, one word substitution, Different usage of same word, Errors in word choice, mania & phobia, Incorrect words, Mood, Conditionals & Multiple Usage , Punctuation, Proverb, Phrasal verb etc.
VEE 2011 Eligibiltiy Criteria | VEE 2011 Important Dates | VEE 2011 Application Procedure | VEE 2011 Admissions | VEE 2011 Fess | VEE 2011 Colleges | VEE 2011 Exam Centers | VEE 2011 Online Form | VEE 2011 Dates | VEE 2011 Preparation Tips | VEE 2011 Notifications | VEE 2011 Question Papers | VEE 2011 Sample Papers | VEE 2011 Model Question Papers | VEE 2011 Study Material | VEE 2011 Results | VEE 2011 Exam Results | VEE 2011 Exam Schedule | VEE 2011 Paper Schedule | VEE 2011 in India | VEE 2011 Application Form | VEE 2011 Syllabus | VEE 2011 Details | VEE 2011 Exam Details | VEE 2011 Question Papers with Answers | VEE 2011 Question Bank | VEE 2011 Mock Test | VEE 2011 Answer Keys | VEE 2011 Timings | VEE 2011 Exam Duration | List of colleges accepting VEE 2011 score