SET 2012 Description
Symbiosis International University, a deemed University, conducts SET 2012 (Symbiosis Entrance Test 2012) for admission into several undergraduate level programmes that imparted in its affiliated/constituent colleges. The common written test is conducted at more than 17 cities across India. The students applying in Symbiosis Institute of Technology (SIT) and Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS) are not required to appear for the entrance test.
SET 2012 Contact Details
Symbiosis Institute of Technology,
020-39116226 / 27
|Test Period||Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET 2012) is generally held in Month of May|
|Last Year Date||7-May-11|
|This Year Date||Not Announced|
SET 2012 Conducting Body
Symbiosis Entrance Test 2012 (SET 2012) is conducted every year by Symbiosis International University.
SET 2012 Eligibility
For BA LLB/ BBA LLB
- The candidates must have passed 10+2 level of examination or its equivalent in any discipline, from any recognized state/national Board.
- The qualifying examination needs to have passed by the applicants with not less than 50 % aggregate marks in aggregate.
- The final year appearing students or result awaited students may also apply for this programme.
- The candidate should have passed Higher Secondary Examination (10+2) or its equivalent in any stream, from a statutory Board.
- The candidates must have passed the examination with obtaining not less than 50% aggregate marks.
For B Des
- The applicants, who have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination in any stream, are eligible to apply for the common written test.
- They must have passed with not less than 50% marks in aggregate.
For BCA & BBA IT
- The candidate must have passed Higher Secondary Examination in Science stream or should possess government diploma in Engineering / Technology with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
- There is a relaxation of 5% marks for the SC / ST category candidates.
For B Sc (Medical Technology)
- The candidate should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination from any recognized Board.
- They are required to have passed the qualifying examination with not less than 60% marks in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- The SC/ST candidates must have passed the qualifying examination with not less than 45% marks in aggregate in PCM.
SET 2012 Exam Pattern
Symbiosis Entrance Test 2012 (SET 2012) consists of different papers for different programmes. It contains objective type-questions which the candidates have to answer within 150 minutes duration. SET 2012 exam is conducted in two sessions (morning and afternoon) for five question papers. There is no provision of negative marking for wrong answers.
For BA LLB/ BBA LLB
The questions are based on the following topics:
- Logical Reasoning (30 marks)
- Legal Reasoning (30 marks)
- Analytical Reasoning (30 marks)
- Reading Comprehension (30 marks)
- General Knowledge (30 marks)
For B Sc (Medical Technology)
The questions are asked on these topics:
- Physics (50 marks)
- Chemistry (50 marks)
- Biology (100 marks)
For IT (Information Technology)
The questions are based on:
- Physics (50 marks)
- Chemistry (50 marks)
- Mathematics (100 marks)
The questions are based on these subjects:
- General English (40 marks)
- Quantitative (40 marks)
- General Awareness (40 marks)
- Analytical and Logical Reasoning (30 marks)
For B. Des
The questions are asked on following topics:
- English (30 marks)
- Design Aptitude (120 marks)
SET 2012 Courses
- BA LLB/ BBA LLB
- B Sc (Medical Technology)
- IT (Information Technology)
- BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration)
- B. Des
SET 2012 Fees Details
The applicants can apply for the test through online modes. In order to apply for the test, just log on to the official website and follow the instructions. The candidate should remit a sum of Rs. 1500/- as application fee for the course. The payment can be made by cash, Bank DD, Credit card or through internet banking.
SET 2012 Extra Information
A candidate aspiring to pursue an undergraduate programme at Symbiosis needs to follow the 3 stages mentioned below:
- SET 2012 Test Register online at www.set-test.org You may register for one paper in the morning viz. Law or Engineering or Health Sciences and one paper in the afternoon session viz. General or Design.
- For Engineering and Health Sciences, if a candidate wishes to offer scores other than SET 2012, he/she need not register for SET 2012 and apply directly to the concerned institute.
- You need to upload a latest scanned photograph of your own at the time of registration.
- Follow the instructions for payment of Test fee of Rs. 1500/- on the SET 2012 website. This includes charges for a prospectus of the Undergraduate Programmes at Symbiosis International University.
- Print Admit Card directly from the SET 2012 website.
- Bring the Admit Card and a Photo Identity to the Test Center. It will be authenticated during the Test.(Candidates shall preserve the authenticated Admit Card till the Admission processes of the desired Symbiosis Institutes are over. If the Admit card is lost, no duplicate Admit Card will be issued.)
- Appear for the Test.
- Apply online to the desired SIUs constituent institutes.
- The SET 2012 website ( www.set-test.org ) allows a facility to directly apply online to an institute.
- Candidates may also apply from the institute/s website.
- To apply to an institute, a candidate must register for the relevant SET 2012 paper. For example, to apply to Symbiosis Law School, register for Law paper at SET 2012.
- Candidates applying to Symbiosis Institute of Technology (SIT) or Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS) with other than SET 2012 score should refer to the institute websites and apply.
- Attend further selection process of the chosen institutes, if called.
- Each institute has its own cutoff, as mentioned in the prospectus.
- The institutes will announce a short list for attending further selection process.
- The individual institute as per their schedules will announce short List Waiting Lists.
- For details of selection process and schedules please refer to the website of respective institute/s.
How to Register For SET 2012 ?
A candidate can register for one paper from the morning session viz. Law or Engineering or Health Sciences and one paper from the afternoon session viz. General or Design Register at www.set-test.org This will generate your SET 2012 ID.You need to upload latest scanned photograph (in the given format and size) of your own at the time of online registration.
Pay a non-refundable fee of Rs. 1500/- towards the Test Fee and the prospectus of undergraduate programmes of Symbiosis International University. The SIU Admission Cell will courier a copy of prospectus to the address registered at www.set-test.org Candidates have four (4) choices for payment as follows,
This Payment Advice form is in three parts. Pay Rs. 1500/- in cash at Axis Bank branch in your city. Refer to the list of branches on the website. The bank will return two parts of the Payment Advice form to you. The student copy is your receipt.
Sign the Symbiosis copy of the Payment Slip form stamped by Axis Bank and send it to, Symbiosis Test Secretariat Symbiosis International University gram: Lavale, Tal: Mulshi, Dist: Pune 411042.
2. DEMAND DRAFT:
Get a crossed demand draft for Rs. 1500/- from any Nationalized Bank in favor of Symbiosis Test Secretariat payable at Pune.Sign the single copy of the Payment Advice for Demand Draft and send it along with Demand Draft to the Symbiosis Test Secretariat at, Symbiosis Test Secretariat Symbiosis International University Gram: Lavale, Tal: Mulshi, Dist: Pune 411042.
3. ONLINE PAYMENT THROUGH CREDIT CARD:
You may pay directly through either Master or Visa card online.Follow the instructions given in the SET 2012 website.
4. ONLINE PAYMENT THROUGH NET BANKING:
You may transfer your SET 2012 test fee to Symbiosis Test Secretariat account using Net Banking option.
SET 2012 Syllabus
Although, there is no set syllabus for general and design entrance test, but the candidates can prepare for English section by practicing Reading Comprehensions, synonyms, anonyms, dictionary meanings of different words, and correct grammar and language usage and their rules. For Quantitative section, the candidates should possess the basic knowledge of arithmetic, geometry, statistics, and algebra. For General Knowledge,one can read newspapers, magazines, books to acquire current happenings in business, health and legal fields. For Analytical and Logical Reasoning, the candidates can practice data interpretation, coding & decoding, probably true, probably false, definitely true, definitely false kind of statements to attempt section.
SET 2012 Dates
These are important dates for Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) 2011
- Online Registration closes on
14th April, 2011
- Payment closes on
16th April, 2011
- Admit Card can be downloaded from Symbiosis website from
26th April to 7th May, 2011
- SET test
7th May, 2011
- SET Result
20th May, 2011
SET 2012 Related Information
SET 2012 - Symbiosis Entrance Test 2012 | SET 2012 Eligibiltiy Criteria | SET 2012 Dates | SET 2012 Application Procedure | SET 2012 Admissions | SET 2012 Fess | SET 2012 Colleges | SET 2012 Exam Centers | SET 2012 Online Form | SET 2012 Dates | SET 2012 Preparation Tips | SET 2012 Notifications | SET 2012 Question Papers | SET 2012 Sample Papers | SET 2012 Model Question Papers | SET 2012 Study Material | SET 2012 Results | SET 2012 Exam Results | SET 2012 Exam Schedule | SET 2012 Paper Schedule | SET 2012 in India | SET 2012 Application Form | SET 2012 Syllabus | SET 2012 Details | SET 2012 Exam Details | SET 2012 Question Papers with Answers | SET 2012 Question Bank | SET 2012 Mock Test | SET 2012 Answer Keys | SET 2012 Timings | SET 2012 Exam Duration | List of colleges accepting SET 2012 score