ISAT 2012 Description
The Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology 2012 (IIST), a Deemed to be University under Section 3 of the UGC Act 1956, was set up under the Department of Space, Government of India in 2007. The Institute now offers undergraduate (B Tech) Programmes in Aerospace Engineering, Avionics and Physical Sciences. In addition to the regular curriculum similar to the general syllabi of Science and Engineering courses, the programmes have special modules tailored to space technology and space science. The Institute is being developed as a centre of excellence in the area of advanced space science and technology with Post-Graduate, Doctoral and Post-Doctoral programmes in the niche areas of Space Science, Technology and Applications to cater to the sophisticated technological requirements of ISRO. In this Institute, the education is fully integrated with the high technology research work being carried out at ISRO Centres. This is being achieved by making the best use of the R&D infrastructure of the Department of Space (DoS)/Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) besides creating its own resources to train the young minds in high technology areas.
ISAT 2012 Contact Details
The Chairman, ISAT,
0471-2568477, 2568478, 2568479
|Test Period||Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (ISAT 2012) is generally held in Month of April|
|Last Year Date||16-Apr-11|
|This Year Date||Mid of April 2012|
ISAT 2012 Conducting Body
ISAT 2012 is conducted by IISc Banglore, financially supported by Indian Government.
ISAT 2012 Eligibility
Only Indian citizens are eligible to appear in ISAT 2012
Date of Birth
The date of birth of candidates belonging to GEN and OBC categories should be on or after October 1, 1986, while the date of birth of those belonging to SC, ST and PD categories should be on or after October 1, 1981. The date of birth as recorded in the high school/first Board /or its equivalent will be accepted. If the certificate does not mention the date of birth, candidate must submit an authenticated document from competent authority indicating the date of birth at the time of Counselling.
Qualifying Examination (QE)
Candidates belonging to GEN and OBC categories must have passed any one of the QE listed below in the first appearance with an aggregate of at least 70% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) and those belonging to SC, ST and PD categories must have passed any one of the QE in the first appearance with an aggregate of at least 60% marks in PCM subjects. The candidate must have cleared the QE on or after 1st January and on or before1st July. Those who are expecting the results of QE later than 1st July are not eligible to apply for ISAT 2012. Candidates who have passed the QE earlier than 1st January are also not eligible to apply.
The qualifying examinations are listed below:
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized Central / State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi; Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (ISCE), New Delhi, etc.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board /University.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London / Cambridge / Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- Any Public School/Board/University examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
- Vocational Higher Secondary Examination.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.In case the relevant qualifying examination is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination at an earlier level.
Minimum Percentage of Marks in Class X or equivalent examination
Candidates belonging to GEN and OBC categories must have at least 70% marks in aggregate and those belonging to SC, ST and PD categories must have at least 60% marks in aggregate, taking into account all subjects.
For both Class X and 10 +2 examinations, the percentage of marks awarded by the Board will be treated as final. If the Board provides the equivalent percentage of marks against grades, then the candidate has to base his/her calculations in percentage based on the norms given by the concerned Board. If a Board awards only letter grades without providing an equivalent percentage of marks on the grade sheet, the candidate should obtain a certificate from the Board specifying the equivalent marks as percentages (by taking into account all subjects in Class: X or equivalent and PCM subjects in Class: 10+2 or equivalent), and submit the same at the time of counselling.
ISAT 2012 Exam Pattern
- The question paper will consists of only objective type questions in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- The answer for each question is to be recorded on a specially designed machine-gradable Optical Response Sheet.
- The candidate is expected to choose the correct answer options and record his/her response by darkening the appropriate bubble using hard black(HB) pencils only.
- Marking more than one answer for any given question will render the response invalid.
- Correct answers will be awarded three marks each.
- Every incorrect answer will be awarded one negative mark.
ISAT 2012 Courses
- B.Tech Avionics Engineering
- B.Tech Aerospace Engineering
- B.Tech Physical Sciences
ISAT 2012 Fees Details
The Examination Fee for candidates in GEN and OBC categories is Rs.600/- and the fee for SC, ST, PD and female candidates in all categories is Rs. 300/. The examination fee is non-refundable.
ISAT 2012 Extra Information
HOW TO APPLY
A candidate has to apply online through the official websites of IIST. Online registration portal will be open in the month of November and will continue to the end of December. Candidates are requested to download a copy of the brochure from ISAT 2012 homepage or the alternative website and read the brochure before applying. The online registration procedure requires your valid email id. Please keep the email id live and secure till the end of the admission process. For printing Challan, which is in the PDF format (on completion of online submission) Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Candidates may download Adobe Acrobat Reader from http://get.adobe.com/reader. Candidates must read the instructions contained in the Information Brochure carefully, before starting the process of applying for ISAT 2012. The following processes are involved in the registration and submission of details of the candidate for ISAT 2012
Access the website: www.iist.ac.in/isat or http://iist.isac.gov.in/iist.
1. Go to Online Registration.
2. You will get a page titled ISAT 2012 Online Application Form Step1.
3. Enter your details such as Name, Date of Birth (as given in the original records), Email id and other details asked for.
4. After verifying the Name, Date of Birth, Email id and other details, click the Next Step button.
5. You will get ISAT 2012 Online Application Form Step 2.
1. The next step gives a detailed preview of all information you have entered.
2. Please verify that all details entered are correct before clicking the submit button.
3. Remember that information once submitted cannot be changed.
4. Click Previous Step button to go to the previous step to make necessary corrections or changes, if any.
5. If the details are correct, click Submit button
1. After successful submission of application you will receive your ISAT 2012 Registration Number, which has to be noted and used for further communications. You will be asked for typing a password for login to the ISAT 2012 website later.
2. At this stage, you have to select either State Bank of India or Punjab National Bank as your bank of choice for remitting fees.
3. Click the button Get My Challan to download ISAT 2012 challan. You can print or download the challan.
4. The fee has to be remitted in anyone of the branches of State Bank of India or Punjab National Bank as the case may be. Remember the last date for remitting fees.
5. The portion of the Challan marked as "Institute Copy" counter-signed by the authorised bank official has to be sent through Speed Post to: The Chairman, ISAT 2012, Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology 2012, Valiamala P.O., Thiruvananthapuram - 695 547, Kerala in an envelope superscribed with your ISAT 2012 Registration number and Name.
6. The last date for the receipt of the Institute copy of the challan at ISAT 2012 office is month of January.
7. Once the Institute copy of the challan is received by ISAT 2012 office, the candidate completes the submission of application in all respects for appearing for ISAT 2012. The ISAT 2012 office will not be responsible for any postal delay or irregularity resulting in non-delivery of the Institute copy of the challan to the ISAT 2012 office.
- Hall Tickets for all eligible candidates will be generated and will be made available online from end of the month February to the end of March on the website.
- A candidate can download/print the Hall Ticket from the website for appearing for ISAT 2012 by logging onto the site using his/her login id and password.
- No hard copy of the Hall Ticket will be issued by ISAT 2012 office by post.
- The Hall ticket will bear the Name, Roll Number, Date of Birth, Address, Category of the candidate along with the details of allotted Test Centre to the candidate and space for affixing his/her colour photograph and signature on the Hall Ticket. Please note that the Roll Number and Registration number allotted to a candidate are different.
- On printing, the candidate should carefully examine the Hall Ticket for the correctness of all the entries made therein. In case of any discrepancy, the candidate should inform the ISAT 2012 office immediately.
- The candidate must paste a recent passport size colour photograph on the space provided on the Hall Ticket.
- The candidate must affix his/her signature on the space provided on the Hall Ticket.
- The photograph must be attested by the principal/head/in-charge of the school/college/institution last studied/studying.
- The Hall Ticket with the photograph pasted on it duly attested must be brought to the Test Centre at the time of the examination. Only those candidates, who hold valid Hall Ticket with photograph pasted on it and attested, will be allowed to appear for the Test. The candidate must report at the Test Centre at least 30 minutes before the scheduled commencement of the Test.
- The Invigilator on duty will collect the Hall Ticket on the day of ISAT 2012 admission test after verification.
- In case, a candidate is unable to download/print the Hall Ticket, the candidate must immediately contact the ISAT 2012 office through telephone or e-mail on or before end of March. After due verification, ISAT 2012 may issue appropriate instructions to facilitate the candidate to write the examination, subject to certain conditions. However, the candidate cannot claim this as a matter of right.
Identity Verification at the Test Centre
At the examination hall, the invigilator will verify the candidate’s identity with reference to his/her details on the Hall Ticket and those in the ISAT 2012 database. If the identity is in doubt, the candidate will not be allowed to appear in the Test. Any impersonation or other examination malpractices will lead to disqualification in ISAT 2012.
ISAT 2012 Syllabus
UNIT 1 : SETS, RELATIONS AND FUNCTIONS
UNIT 2 :COMPLEX NUMBERS AND QUADRATIC EQUATIONS
UNIT 3 :MATRICES AND DETERMINANTS
UNIT 4 :PERMUTATIONS AND COMBINATIONS
UNIT 5 :MATHEMATICAL INDUCTION
UNIT 6 :BINOMIAL THEOREM AND ITS SIMPLE APPLICATIONS
UNIT 7 : SEQUENCES AND SERIES
UNIT 8 : LIMIT, CONTINUITY AND DIFFERENTIABILITY
UNIT 9 : INTEGRAL CALCULUS
UNIT 10 : DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS
UNIT 11: CO-ORDINATE GEOMETRY
UNIT 12: THREE DIMENSIONAL GEOMETRY
UNIT 13: VECTOR ALGEBRA
UNIT 14: STATISTICS AND PROBABILITY
UNIT 15: TRIGONOMETRY
UNIT 16: MATHEMATICAL REASONING
UNIT 1: PHYSICS AND MEASUREMENT
UNIT 2: KINEMATICS
UNIT 3: LAWS OF MOTION
UNIT 4: WORK, ENERGY AND POWER
UNIT 5: ROTATIONAL MOTION
UNIT 6: GRAVITATION
UNIT 7: PROPERTIES OF SOLIDS AND LIQUIDS
UNIT 8: THERMODYNAMICS
UNIT 9: KINETIC THEORY OF GASES
UNIT 10 : OSCILLATIONS AND WAVES
UNIT 11 : ELECTROSTATICS
UNIT 12 : CURRRENT ELECTRICITY
UNIT 13: MAGNETIC EFFECTS OF CURRENT AND MAGNETISM
UNIT 14 : ELECTROMAGNETIC INDUCTION AND ALTERNATING CURRENTS
UNIT 15 : ELECTROMAGNETIC WAVES
UNIT 16 : OPTICS
UNIT 17 : DUAL NATURE OF MATTER ANDRADIATION
UNIT 18 : ATOMS AND NUCLEI
UNIT 19 : ELECTRONIC DEVICES
UNIT 20 : COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS
UNIT 21 : EXPERIMENTAL SKILLS
Familiarity with the basic approach and observations of the experiments and activities
1. Vernier callipers-its use to measure internal and external diameter and depth of a vessel.
2. Screw gauge-its use to determine thickness/diameter of thin sheet/wire.
3. Simple Pendulum-dissipation of energy by plotting a graph between square of amplitude time.
4. Metre Scale - mass of a given object by principle of moments.
5. Youngs modulus of elasticity of the material of a metallic wire.
6. Surface tension of water by capillary rise and effect of detergents.
7. Co-efficient of Viscosity of a given viscous liquid by measuring terminal velocity of a given sphericalbody.
8. Plotting a cooling curve for the relationship between the temperature of a hot body and time.
9. Speed of sound in air at room temperature using a resonance tube.
10. Specific heat capacity of a given (i) solid and (ii)liquid by method of mixtures.
11. Resistivity of the material of a given wire using metre bridge.
12. Resistance of a given wire using Ohm's law.
(i) Comparison of emf of two primary cells.
(ii) Determination of internal resistance of a cell.
14. Resistance and figure of merit of a galvanometer by half deflection method.
15. Focal length of:(i) Convex mirror, ii) Concave mirror, and(iii) Convex lens using parallax method.
16. Plot of angle of deviation vs angle of incidence for a triangular prism.
17. Refractive index of a glass slab using a travelling
18. Characteristic curves of a p-n junction diode in forward and reverse bias.
19. Characteristic curves of a Zener diode and finding reverse break down voltage.
20. Characteristic curves of a transistor and finding current gain and voltage gain.
21. Identification of Diode, LED, Transistor, IC,Resistor, Capacitor from mixed collection of such items.
22. Using multimeter to:(i) Identify base of a transistor, (ii) Distinguish between npn and pnp type transistor, (iii) See the unidirectional flow of current in case of a diode and an LED.(iv) Check the correctness or otherwise of a given electronic component (diode, transistor or IC)
UNIT 1:SOME BASIC CONCEPTS IN CHEMISTRY
UNIT 2: STATES OF MATTER
UNIT 3 :ATOMIC STRUCTURE
UNIT 4: CHEMICAL BONDING AND MOLECULAR
UNIT 5 : CHEMICAL THERMODYNAMICS
UNIT 6 : SOLUTIONS
UNIT 7: EQUILIBRIUM
UNIT 8 : REDOX REACTIONS AND ELECTROCHEMISTRY
UNIT 9 : CHEMICAL KINETICS
UNIT-10 : SURFACE CHEMISTRY
UNIT 11 : CLASSIFICATON OF ELEMENTS AND PERIODICITY IN PROPERTIES
UNIT 12 : GENERAL PRINCIPLES AND PROCESSES OF ISOLATION OF METALS
UNIT 13 : HYDROGEN
UNIT 14 : S - BLOCK ELEMENTS (ALKALI AND ALKALINE EARTH METALS)
UNIT 15 : P - BLOCK ELEMENTS
UNIT 16 : d and f BLOCK ELEMENTS
UNIT 17 : CO-ORDINATION COMPOUNDS
UNIT 18 : ENVIRONMENTAL CHEMISTRY
UNIT 19 : PURIFICATION AND CHARACTERISAT 2012ION OF ORGANIC COMPOUNDS
UNIT 20 : SOME BASIC PRINCIPLES OF ORGANIC CHEMISTRY
UNIT 21 : HYDROCARBONS
UNIT 22 : ORGANIC COMPOUNDS CONTAINING
UNIT 23 : ORGANIC COMPOUNDS CONTAINING OXYGEN
UNIT 24 : ORGANIC COMPOUNDS CONTAINING NITROGEN
UNIT 25 : POLYMERS
UNIT 26 : BIOMOLECULES
UNIT 27 : CHEMISTRY IN EVERYDAY LIFE
UNIT 28 : PRINCIPLES RELATED TO PRACTICAL CHEMISTRY
ISAT 2012 Dates
These are important dates for Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology Admission Test (ISAT) 2011
- Online Registration Starts from
8th November, 2010
- Online Registration closes on
31st December, 2010
- Last date for fee remittance in the bank
5th January, 2011
- Institute copy of the challan should be sent to office on or before
15th January, 2011
- The status of the Application Forms will be displayed on IIST site from
15th February, 2011
- The facility for downloading / printing the hall ticket will be made available from
20th February to 31st March 2011
- Date of ISAT 2011
16th April, 2011
- Announcement of result
ISAT 2012 Related Information
ISAT 2012 - Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology 2012 | ISAT 2012 Eligibiltiy Criteria | ISAT 2012 Dates | ISAT 2012 Application Procedure | ISAT 2012 Admissions | ISAT 2012 Fess | ISAT 2012 Colleges | ISAT 2012 Exam Centers | ISAT 2012 Online Form | ISAT 2012 Dates | ISAT 2012 Preparation Tips | ISAT 2012 Notifications | ISAT 2012 Question Papers | ISAT 2012 Sample Papers | ISAT 2012 Model Question Papers | ISAT 2012 Study Material | ISAT 2012 Results | ISAT 2012 Exam Results | ISAT 2012 Exam Schedule | ISAT 2012 Paper Schedule | ISAT 2012 in India | ISAT 2012 Application Form | ISAT 2012 Syllabus | ISAT 2012 Details | ISAT 2012 Exam Details | ISAT 2012 Question Papers with Answers | ISAT 2012 Question Bank | ISAT 2012 Mock Test | ISAT 2012 Answer Keys | ISAT 2012 Timings | ISAT 2012 Exam Duration | List of colleges accepting ISAT 2012 score