GCET 2012 Description
Goa Common Entrance Test 2012 is the only opportunity for the candidates, who are seeking their entrance in UG courses such as MBBS, BDS, BHMS, BE, B.Pharma, B. Arch.GCET 2012 which stands of Goa Common Entrance Test 2012 is conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Goa. Also called Goa CET, it is organized for selecting candidates for bachelor degree programs in Medicine, Engineering, Architecture, Dentistry and Pharmacy conducted by various government / government aided and private colleges / institutes in Goa. The admission test for B Arch is held at Goa College of Architecture, Panaji and Government Polytechnic, Panaji.
GCET 2012 Contact Details
Chairman, Admission Committee
|Test Period||Goa Common Entrance Test (GCET 2012) is generally held in Month of May|
|Last Year Date||11/12-May-2011|
|This Year Date||Mid May 2012|
GCET 2012 Conducting Body
The Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Goa, conducts Goa Common Entrance Test every year.
GCET 2012 Eligibility
The Directorate of Technical Education has set different eligibility criteria for different courses that come under Goa Common Entrance Test 2012. These are given below.
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 examination of Goa Board of Higher Secondary Examination or its equivalent examination from a recognized Board.
- The qualifying examination must be passed by the candidates with minimum 50% marks in Biology, Physics and Chemistry in aggregate, along with English in a single attempt.
- For the SC/ST and OBC candidates, minimum of 40% marks are required in the qualifying examination.
For Bachelor of Engineering (B.E)
- The candidate needs to have cleared 10+2 level of examination of Goa Board of Higher Secondary Examination or its equivalent examination, from a recognized Board.
- The qualifying examination must be passed by the candidates with at least 50% marks and must have studied Physics and Mathematics as compulsory with Chemistry/Bio-Technology/Computer Science/Biology as optional subjects.
- In case of SC/ST and OBC candidates, a minimum of 40% marks are sufficient.
For Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm)
- The candidate must have cleared 10+2 level of examination of Goa Board of Higher Secondary Examination or its equivalent examination, from any recognized Board.
- Candidates must have obtained at least 50% marks in aggregate and should have studied English, Physics, Chemistry compulsory subjects, while Mathematics/Bio-Technology/Computer Science/Biology must be studied as optional.
- SC/ST and OBC candidates must have passed the qualifying examination with a minimum of 40% marks in aggregate.
For Bachelor of Architecture (B Arch)
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 level of examination of Goa Board of Higher Secondary Examination or its equivalent examination, from any statutory Board.
- The candidates should have secured at least 50% marks in aggregate, with Mathematics as one of the main subjects.
- Candidates seeking admission in B Arch must have a valid score in National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) conducted online by Council of Architecture.
GCET 2012 Exam Pattern
- The competitive entrance exam comprises of objective type questions.
- The questions are separated into five sections, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, Computer science.
- Each correct answer carries one mark, but there is no negative marking for a wrong answer.
- The candidates have to appear for a different combination of subjects, according to their preferred field either in Medicine, Engineering, Architecture, Dentistry and Pharmacy.
- The candidates have to attempt all the questions within two hours duration.
GCET 2012 Courses
- Bachelor of Engineering (BE)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharm)
- Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS)
GCET 2012 Fees Details
Prospectus shall be available at notified places on payment of Rs.350/- in cash (Extra Rs. 10/- service charge payable to designated branches of Syndicate / Nationalised Bank). Outstation candidates can obtain the prospectus and application form by sending request to Director, Directorate of Technical Education, Alto- Porvorim, Goa, 403521 along with a DD of Rs.400/- payable in favour of “Director of Technical Education” at Panaji. Candidates may utilize downloaded Application Form –A for appearing at GCET 2012-10 and submit the same in person at notified Application Reception Centre as per centre opted, alongwith a DD of Rs. 400/- payable in favour of “Director of Technical Education” at Panaji – Goa.
GCET 2012 Extra Information
- The Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Goa shall conduct Goa Common Entrance Test 2012 (GCET 2012) for admissions to Professional Degree courses in Medical,Dental, Engineering, Pharmacy and Homeopathy in the State of Goa, for the academic year2. Admissions to Degree course in Architecture shall be on the basis of NATA as perdetails given under eligibility.
- This prospectus shall be available at notified places on payment of Rs.400/- in cash (Extra Rs.10/- service charge payable to designated branches of Syndicate / Nationalised Bank)
- Outstation candidates can obtain the prospectus and application form by sending request toDirector, Directorate of Technical Education, Alto- Porvorim, Goa, 403521 along with a DDof Rs.400/- payable in favour of “Director of Technical Education” at Panaji. Candidatesmay utilize downloaded Application Form for appearing at GCET 2012 and submit thesame in person at notified Application Reception Centre as per centre opted, alongwitha DD of Rs. 400/- payable in favour of “Director of Technical Education” at Panaji –Goa, drawn on any Scheduled Bank.
- All candidates desirous of seeking admissions to Professional Degree courses in Medicine,Dentistry, Engineering, Pharmacy and Homoeopathy in the colleges within the State of Goa(Except AIQ & OSA) during the academic session , must appear and have avalid score in GCET 2012, and should fulfil other eligibility criteria for admission as given inthis prospectus. Merit list for these courses shall be based only on GCET 2012 score.
- All candidates desirous of seeking admissions to Degree Courses in Architecture must appearand have a valid score in National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA), conducted onlineby Council of Architecture, and should fulfil other eligibility criteria for admission asgiven in this prospectus. Details of the test and centres are available on website of Council ofArchitecture. (www. coa-india.org or www.nata.in).
- Candidates who have already passed/have appeared or are appearing at HSSC (Std. XIIthScience) or equivalent examination, before the start of the academic session, are eligible toappear at GCET 2012.
- This Prospectus includes following documents/information:a) Application Form (A) for GCET 2012,b) Application Form (B) for Admission to all the courses mentioned in this prospectus,c) Syllabus for GCET 2012 in all subjects, (Refer Annexure II)d)A sample Objective Response Sheet (ORS).PROSPECTUS FOR PROFESSIONAL DEGREE COURSES 8DIRECTORATE OF TECHNICAL EDUCATION, ALTO, PORVORIM – GOA, 4035213.
- The applicant should submit the Application Form (A) for GCET 2012 in person at the notifiedApplication Reception Centre as per centre opted, along with a DD of Rs. 500/- payable infavour of “Director of Technical Education” at Panaji, and three identical photographs asindicated, and obtain the Photo-Admit Card, from the Admission Committee, on the sameday.
- Incomplete Application Forms shall not be accepted. The Application Form for GCET 2012 shall not be accepted by post or through messenger. Forms shall not be accepted after the lastdate of submission mentioned in the prospectus.
- For important dates in the schedule of GCET 2012 refer inner side of front cover of thisprospectus.
- Candidates are permitted to appear only for the subjects, which they have studied andregistered for, at H.S.S.C. examination.
- The Goa Common Entrance Test 2012 shall be held as per following schedule.Subject Code Date Time Duration
- The code for centre preferred should be correctly entered on the application form. Any requestfor change in choice of papers and/or centre selected/allotted shall not be entertained afterPROSPECTUS FOR PROFESSIONAL DEGREE COURSES 9DIRECTORATE OF TECHNICAL EDUCATION, ALTO, PORVORIM – GOA, 403521 issue of the Admit Card. Depending on availability of accommodation at the centres,Admission Committee shall allot the examination centre, which shall be binding on thecandidate. “Computer Science (CS)” subject shall be held only in 5 centres viz. Panaji-1,Navelim, Vasco, Mapusa and Ponda-2.3.14 GCET 2012 shall be based on the syllabus prescribed by the Goa Board of Secondary & HigherSecondary Education, Porvorim, for Standard XIIth (Science) examination for the current yearin the subjects of Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology and Computer Science (ReferAnnexure II).
- Candidates must produce ‘Photo Admit Cards’ for appearing in the test at the designatedcentre. Candidates shall be seated in the examination hall at least 15 minutes before thescheduled start of the paper.
- No candidate shall be allowed to enter the examination hall after 30 minutes from the start ofthe Test and no candidate shall be permitted to leave the examination hall until the scheduledduration of the Test is completed and all the answer sheets collected by the invigilators.
- Mobile phones, pagers, calculators and other electronic gadgets are not allowed inside theExamination Hall.
- Any use of unfair means and acts of indiscipline on part of the candidate shall be severelypunished.
- An Objective Response Sheet (ORS), shall be used as the answer sheet, sample format ofwhich is given at Annexure II of this Prospectus. Candidates should go through theinstructions printed on the sample ORS and get familiar with its usage.
- Each paper will consist of 75 (Seventy Five) questions to be answered in two hours. (Onehundred & twenty minutes).
- Each question shall have four choices for answers, out of which only one shall be correct.
- Correct answer shall carry one mark for each question. There will be no negative marking forwrong/multiple answers.
- Results will be available on website and on Notice Board at DTE. No individual score cardshall be issued. Any change in schedule will be notified in designated newspapers.
- Since candidates are permitted to retain copy of the ORS, and ORS are machine evaluatedelectronically, with extreme care and scrutinized, there is no provision forverification/revaluation. No correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
- In case there is any change in schedule of operations of GCET 2012, the same shall be notified in thedesignated newspapers. Telephonic enquiries should be avoided, as the candidates themselves will beresponsible if the information received by them on telephone proves to be incorrect.?
GCET 2012 Syllabus
Candidates appearing in the Goa CET have to prepare in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology and Computer Science. Candidates have to prepare for a combination of subjects according to their preferred field in Medicine, Engineering, Architecture, Dentistry and Pharmacy.
Magnetic Effects of Electric Current, Current Electricity, Electrostatics, Ray Optics, Wave Theory, Heat Radiation, Wave Motion and Sound, Fluids, S.H.M., Rotational Motion of a Rigid Body, Gravitation, Electromagnetic Induction and A.C., Electrons and Photons, Radioactivity, Semiconductors.
Electrochemistry, Chemical Thermodynamics and Energetics, Nature of Chemical Bond II, Adsorption and Colloids, Chemistry of Representative Elements ( p block), Nuclear and Radio Chemistry, Halogen Derivatives of Alkanes and organic hydroxy Compounds, Chemistry of Transition and Inner Transition Elements, Carbohydrates, Proteins and Fats, Chemical Kinetics, Coordination Chemistry, The Solid State, etc.
Physiology of Animals Animal Nutrition, Anatomy and Physiology of Animals Skeletal system, 4- Reproduction, Growth & Development in plants & Animals, Genetics, Environment and Human Welfare Biodiversity, Environment and Human Welfare Biodiversity, etc.
ScienceData Types, Variables and Constants, General Concepts, Programming in C++, Operators and Expressions, data structure, Boolean Algebra, Computer Network, etc.
limits and continuity, vector and 3-d geometry, matrices, derivatives and their application, statics & dynamics, indefinite integrals, definite integrals & its application, probability, boolean algebra, linear inequations, differential equations, etc.
GCET 2012 Dates
Important dates for Goa Common Entrance Test (GCET) 2011 are yet to be declared.
These are dates of Goa Common Entrance Test (GCET) 2010
- Start of sale of prospectus
15th March, 2010
- Start of receiving of Aplication Forms
29th March, 2010
- Last date for sale of Prospectus
9th April, 2010
- Last date for receiving Application Forms
9th April, 2010
- Last date for issuing Admit Card
9th April, 2010
- GCET date
12/13th May, 2010
- Declaration of result
20th May, 2010
GCET 2012 Related Information
GCET 2012 - Goa Common Entrance Test 2012 | GCET 2012 Eligibiltiy Criteria | GCET 2012 Dates | GCET 2012 Application Procedure | GCET 2012 Admissions | GCET 2012 Fess | GCET 2012 Colleges | GCET 2012 Exam Centers | GCET 2012 Online Form | GCET 2012 Dates | GCET 2012 Preparation Tips | GCET 2012 Notifications | GCET 2012 Question Papers | GCET 2012 Sample Papers | GCET 2012 Model Question Papers | GCET 2012 Study Material | GCET 2012 Results | GCET 2012 Exam Results | GCET 2012 Exam Schedule | GCET 2012 Paper Schedule | GCET 2012 in India | GCET 2012 Application Form | GCET 2012 Syllabus | GCET 2012 Details | GCET 2012 Exam Details | GCET 2012 Question Papers with Answers | GCET 2012 Question Bank | GCET 2012 Mock Test | GCET 2012 Answer Keys | GCET 2012 Timings | GCET 2012 Exam Duration | List of colleges accepting GCET 2012 score