CUSAT-CAT 2012 Description
Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT 2012), popularly known as CUSAT 2012 is an entrance examination. The test is conducted for the admission of the candidates in undergraduate level programmes in the field of engineering, science and law, conducted by the University. The final selection of the candidates is done on the basis of their performances in the CUSAT 2012, which is followed by counseling.
CUSAT-CAT 2012 Contact Details
Cochin University of Science & Technology, Cochin-22, Kerala, India
91-484-2862255 / 56 / 57 / 58
|Test Period||Cochin University of Science and Technology Common Admission Test (CUSAT 2012) is generally held in Month of April|
|Last Year Date||2-Apr-11|
|This Year Date||First week of April 2012|
CUSAT-CAT 2012 Conducting Body
University itself conducts the test.
CUSAT-CAT 2012 Eligibility
- B. Tech-Students seeking admission should have cleared the higher secondary examination of Kerala or equivalent with at least 50% marks in Maths. An aggregate of 50% marks in Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics is also required for admission.
- B.Tech in Instrumentation- Candidates willing to take admission in B.Tech Instrumentation should have passed the State of Kerala 10+2 examination or equivalent with a minimum of 55% marks in maths. An aggregate of 60% marks in all the three subjects Chemistry, Physics and mathematics is also required.
- B.Tech in Marine Engineering- Pass in 10+2 or equivalent with at least 50% marks in English. Candidates should also have a minimum PCM average of 60%.
- 5 Year LLB (Hons)-Candidates from the science and commerce streams should have a score of 60% in the 10+2 examination. Humanities students are required to have a minimum percentage of 55% marks. Candidates should be less than 21 years of age as on 1st January of the year of admission.
CUSAT-CAT 2012 Exam Pattern
- The Test comprises two papers mathematics and (Physics and Chemistry).
- Each of these papers consists of 125 objective type questions.
- Physics and Chemistry (plus two level) paper maintains a ratio of 3:2.
- All candidates applying for any of the following first degree programmes in Engineering and Technology have to necessarily take both the papers.
- The CAT score will be calculated as per the formula, S = 3R - 1W, where S is the CAT score, R is the number of right answers and W is the number of wrong answers.
- Negative marks will be given for each wrong answer.
CUSAT-CAT 2012 Courses
- Bachelor of Technology (B Tech)
- Master of Science (M Sc) in Photonics
- BBA LLB (Hons)
- Master of Busines Administration (MBA)
CUSAT-CAT 2012 Fees Details
For All Courses Other Than Diploma/Certificate Programmes
General category candidates Rs850/-, SC/ST Category candidates Rs375/-, Candidates who apply under NRI Quota(for B. Tech Programmes only)Rs5850/-
For Diploma/Certificate Programmes
General category candidates Rs100/-, SC/ST Category candidates Rs50/-
For B Tech Lateral Entry Programmes
General category candidates Rs850/-, SC/ST Category candidates Rs375/-
For all courses US$10
CUSAT-CAT 2012 Extra Information
For All Candidates:
- All candidates who wish to apply for Academic Admission of CUSAT 2012 are advised to read carefully the CAT Notification published in the leading dailies and CUSAT 2012 website www.cusat.ac.in or admission website www.cusat.nic.in.
- Candidates are advised to read thoroughly all sections of the "Key Information".
- All Candidates applying for Common Admission Test should submit their applications online. International students and those applying for the B.Tech Lateral Entry programme should also submit their applications online. For PhD/M Tech/MPhil/ MA Translation-German, Russian / Diploma/Certificate programmes application can be had from the concerned Departments.(see course of study)Upon successful submission of the on-line application for CAT, candidates should download three important document,viz,CONFIRMATION PAGE ,FEE CHALAN AND CHECK LIST.
- Communal/Special reservation claim not mentioned by the candidate in the on-line application form during on-line registration will not be considered under any circumstances. Therefore candidates should fill in all details such as communal/special reservation with utmost care Any error in the entries made by the candidate during online registration leading to the rejection of the application shall be the responsibility of the candidate alone. Hence the online registration form must be filled with utmost care and attention without any errors.
- Confirmation page incomplete in any respect as per the 'Check List ' will be rejected.
- Reservation claims not supported by self attested copies of required certificates as mentioned in the 'check list' will not be considered.Such application will be considered only in the GENERAL category for ranking/admission.
- Check the eligibility criteria for the course(s) offered by CUSAT 2012, and accordingly choose the course you wish to apply for. Candidates must satisfy themselves that they fulfill the eligibility criteria for the course(s) they apply for before submitting their online application.
- Details about the total amount of Application Fee to be paid, is available under Application Fee.
- In the Online Registration Form all the fields marked with '*' are mandatory/required fields. If these fields are left blank you will not be able to submit the Application Form and register.
- Selections from the Drop-Down Menus can be made by clicking Mouse/using the ENTER button.
- Now you may proceed to register Online. To do this you may click on the appropriate links provided on the Right Hand side of the front page. On clicking these links the APPLICATION FORM FOR ACADEMIC ADMISSIONS page will appear in which candidates need to furnish the following details.There are three separate links viz (i) Indian and NRI students(other than Lateral Entry)(ii) International Candidates (iii)B Tech Lateral entry candidates(for Diploma holders)
For International students
International students are exempted from the requirement of admission tests for the academic programmes of the University. They can apply either on self-financing or through the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) attached to the Ministry of Human Resources Development of the Government of India. The ICCR offers a number of scholarships to enable International students to pursue higher studies in Universities and other recognized institutions of higher learning in India. The international students are required to submit the application through online for the academic programmes of the University on payment of US$ 100 by way of Demand Draft/Pay order/ any other instrument(which does not involve collection charges on the part of the University) in favour of Registrar, CUSAT 2012. Applicants who have successfully registered online with CUSAT 2012 may forward an advance copy of the confirmation page along with the payment and the following documents to the Director, IRAA, Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kochi-682022, Kerala, India. The original confirmation page along with copies of certificates mentioned below shall be routed through the Embassy of India in the respective country. International students have to deposit
- Curriculum vitae.
- Copies of mark lists / transcripts of all examinations undergone.
- Two copies of recent passport size photographs.
- Character certificate from the Head of the Institution last studied.
- Reference letters from two persons who have intimate knowledge of their academic capabilities.
- Copy of Passport.
CUSAT-CAT 2012 Syllabus
This is a common entrance test for all, therefore , there is no any specific syllabus for the test. They follow the basic syllabus of 10+2 standard examination. Candidates should have good knowledge about the following topics:
Topics in Mathematics
1. SETS, RELATIONS AND FUNCTIONS
2. COMPLEX NUMBERS AND QUADRATIC EQUATIONS
3. MATRICES AND DETERMINANTS
4. PERMUTATIONS AND COMBINATIONS
5. MATHEMATICAL INDUCTION
6. BINOMIAL THEOREM AND ITS SIMPLE APPLICATIONS
7. SEQUENCES AND SERIES
8. LIMIT, CONTINUITY AND DIFFERENTIABILITY
9. INTEGRAL CALCULUS
10. Differential Equations
11. CO-ORDINATE GEOMETRY
12. Three Dimensional Geometry
13. Vector Algebra
14. STATISTICS AND PROBABILITY
16. MATHEMATICAL REASONING
Topics in Physics
1. PHYSICS AND MEASUREMENT
3. LAWS OF MOTION
4. WORK, ENERGY AND POWER
5. ROTATIONAL MOTION
7. PROPERTIES OF SOLIDS AND LIQUIDS
9. KINETIC THEORY OF GASES
10. OSCILLATIONS AND WAVES
12. CURRENT ELECTRICITY
13. MAGNETIC EFFECTS OF CURRENT AND MAGNETISM
14. ELECTROMAGNETIC INDUCTION AND ALTERNATING CURRENTS
15. ELECTROMAGNETIC WAVES
17. DUAL NATURE OF MATTER AND RADIATION
18. ATOMS AND NUCLEI
19. ELECTRONIC DEVICES
20. COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS
Topics in Chemistry
1. Some Basic concepts IN CHEMISTRY
2. States of Matter
3. Atomic Structure
4. Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
5. CHEMICAL THERMODYNAMICS
8. REDOX REACTIONS AND ELECTROCHEMISTRY
9. CHEMICAL KINETICS
10. SURFACE CHEMISTRY
11. CLASSIFICATON OF ELEMENTS AND PERIODICITY IN PROPERTIES
12. GENERAL PRINCIPLES AND PROCESSES OF ISOLATION OF METALS
14. BLOCK ELEMENTS (ALKALI AND ALKALINE EARTH METALS)
15. P - BLOCK ELEMENTS: Group - 13 to Group 18 Elements
16. d - and f - BLOCK ELEMENTS
17. CO-ORDINATION COMPOUNDS
18. ENVIRONMENTAL CHEMISTRY
19. Purification and Characterization of Organic Compounds
20. SOME BASIC PRINCIPLES OF ORGANIC CHEMISTRY
22. Organic Compounds Containing Halogens
23. Organic compounds containing Oxygen
24. Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
26. Bio Molecules
27. Chemistry in everyday life
CUSAT-CAT 2012 Dates
These are important dates for Cochin University of Science and Technology Common Admission Test (CUSAT) 2011
- Online Registration starts from
15th January, 2011
- Last date for Online Registraition
4th February, 2011
- Start date to download Admit Card
15th March to 3rd April 2011
- CUSAT date
2nd April, 2011
CUSAT-CAT 2012 Related Information
CUSAT-CAT 2012 - Cochin University of Science and Technology Common Admission Test 2012 | CUSAT-CAT 2012 Eligibiltiy Criteria | CUSAT-CAT 2012 Dates | CUSAT-CAT 2012 Application Procedure | CUSAT-CAT 2012 Admissions | CUSAT-CAT 2012 Fess | CUSAT-CAT 2012 Colleges | CUSAT-CAT 2012 Exam Centers | CUSAT-CAT 2012 Online Form | CUSAT-CAT 2012 Dates | CUSAT-CAT 2012 Preparation Tips | CUSAT-CAT 2012 Notifications | CUSAT-CAT 2012 Question Papers | CUSAT-CAT 2012 Sample Papers | CUSAT-CAT 2012 Model Question Papers | CUSAT-CAT 2012 Study Material | CUSAT-CAT 2012 Results | CUSAT-CAT 2012 Exam Results | CUSAT-CAT 2012 Exam Schedule | CUSAT-CAT 2012 Paper Schedule | CUSAT-CAT 2012 in India | CUSAT-CAT 2012 Application Form | CUSAT-CAT 2012 Syllabus | CUSAT-CAT 2012 Details | CUSAT-CAT 2012 Exam Details | CUSAT-CAT 2012 Question Papers with Answers | CUSAT-CAT 2012 Question Bank | CUSAT-CAT 2012 Mock Test | CUSAT-CAT 2012 Answer Keys | CUSAT-CAT 2012 Timings | CUSAT-CAT 2012 Exam Duration | List of colleges accepting CUSAT-CAT 2012 score