GGSIU-CET 2012 Description
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University conducts the B.Tech and M.Tech entrance tests every year for candidates who wish to take admission into the engineering programs offered by the university. The university usually conducts the common entrance test on May for candidates who wished to take admission into the B.Tech and M.Tech programs.
GGSIU-CET 2012 Contact Details
Controller of Examination, Administrative Bloc,
|Test Period||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University Entrance Test IPU-CET (GGSIU-CET 2012) is generally held in Month of April|
|Last Year Date||2-Apr-11|
|This Year Date||Not Announced|
GGSIU-CET 2012 Conducting Body
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University conducts the common entrance test to select candidates for the courses offered by the University.
GGSIU-CET 2012 Eligibility
- Candidates who wish to appear for the Guru Gobind Sing Indraprastha University B. Tech/M. Tech Entrance test need to have attained a minimum of 55% aggregate marks in the subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in their 10+2 system examinations of CBSE or an equivalent board.
- Prospective candidates must have passed in all these subjects individually along with English.
- The age limit of candidates should not be more than 21 years.
GGSIU-CET 2012 Exam Pattern
- GGSIPU-CET is not a common test for all courses. Students choosing different programmes have to appear different test in their respective subjects as per the scheduled date and time.
- However question papers of all subjects in GGSIPU-CET consist of multiple-choice objective-type questions of two and a half hours duration carrying 600 marks.
- In all the test contain 150 objective-type questions to be answered on the OMR answer sheet by marking the appropriate answer.
- Each question carries equal marks.
- There is negative marking for incorrect answers.
GGSIU-CET 2012 Courses
B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology)
- BA (Bachelor of Business Administration)
- BCA (Bachelor of Computer Applications)
- B.Arch (Bachelor of Architecture)
- BAC (Fashion and Apparel Design)
- BPT (Bachelor of Physiotherapy)
- BOT (Bachelor of Occupational Therapy)
- B.Sc. (MLT)(BSc Medical Laboratory Technology)
- B.Sc. (Hons.) (Nursing)
- BASLP (Bachelor of Audiology Speech and Language Pathology)
- B.Pharma (Bachelor of`Pharmacy)
- BRT (Bachelor of Rehabiliation Therapy)
- BHMCT (Bachelor of Hotel Management & Catering Technology)
- BJ(MC)(Bachelor of Journalism & Mass Communication)
- B.Ed.(Bachelor of Education)
- LLB (Bachelor of Law)
- BHMS (Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery)
- M.Tech (Information Technology)
- M.Tech (Very Large Scale Integration)
- M.Tech (Computer Science Engineering)
- MCA (Master of Computer Applications)
- Master of Business Administration [Software Enterprise Management]
- MBA (Master of Business Administration)
- Master in Conservation,Preservation Heritage Management
- Master In Archaeology Heritage Management
- Master in Human Resource Planning and Development(MHRPD)
- MPT (Master of Physiotherapy)
- M.A / M.Sc. (Criminology)
- M. Sc. (Forensic Science)
- Master of Prosthetics and Orthotics
- Master in Public Health (Field Epidemiology) [MPH(PE)]
- Master Occupational Therapy (Musculoskeletal)
- Master Occupational Therapy (Neurology)
- Master of Mass Media
- Post Graduate Diploma in Disaster Preparedness and Rehabiliation
GGSIU-CET 2012 Fees Details
The application forms for the entrance tests will be available at certain branches of the Punjab and Sindh Bank on payment of Rs. 750 and at the counter. The filled up forms must be sent to the office address by speed or registered post.
GGSIU-CET 2012 Extra Information
- Every year, Entrance Tests are conducted for admission to various Programmes of the University for its University Teaching Schools and it's Affiliated Institutes. The details may be obtained by clicking on Admission hyperlink.Unless otherwise specifically notified in course curriculum of a course , the following modified rules shall be applicable as per ordinance :-The Examination division of the university shall conduct Examination for the regular students who have undergone a regular course of study in the university or an Institution/College affiliated to the university three times during the semester. The first terminal test will be conducted approximately at the end of the 6 th week, second at the end of 12 th week and third and final semester Examination will be held after the 17 th week of teaching or for a period specified for a course of study in the curriculum. The schedule of Examination shall be notified by this duration from time to time.
- The students who have secured an attendance less than 75% in a course shall not be allowed to take up the end semester Examination. The names of students who are not found to be eligible to take the end semester Examination in the various courses shall be treated as cancelled for those courses and if it is a core course, the students shall have to register themselves again when it is offered next.
- Besides above mentioned three terminal Examination in a semester, there will be other sessional assessments based on class tests term assignments and paper presentation etc. The students shall be informed in advance about the nature of assignment and procedures to be followed.
- A minimum weightage of 30% will be given to the two terminal tests and 50% to the end semester Examination. The system of assessing the students for the remaining 20% will be notified from time to time.Practical subjects will carry a weightage of 60% of marks for the tests and 40% for the end semester Examination.
- The results of Ist and 2 nd semester tests shall be declared by the individual group co-ordinator. There shall be no formal declaration of results of tests. However, the results of the final semesters shall be declared formally.
- The students shall have the option of clearing back papers in which they had secured less than 50% marks in a given semester, provided the course is being offered in that semester and the students are in regular touch with the relevant group co-ordinator , the teacher and completes the necessary assignments, projects, term papers etc. The students desirous of improving their performance shall be required to attend the classes of these papers and under go the process of evaluation.
- A student wishing to clear a back paper may be required to attend classes during the summer vacation on the choice of group co-ordinator and the teacher of the particular course subject to the payment of prescribed fee.Every student shall apply on prescribed Examination form with Examination fee as prescribed by the University from time to time within the due dates notified.
GGSIU-CET 2012 Syllabus
The Common Entrance Test of Guru Govind Singh Indraprastha University/GGSIPU is conducted for various courses ranging from Arts to Science to Management to Engineering to medicine and so on. Therefore, there is no common syllabus for GGSIPU CET. For different programmes, separate tests are conducted in the respective subjects or allied subjects. The information related to the precise syllabus for each entrance test can be obtained from the official website of GGSIPU.
GGSIU-CET 2012 Related Information
GGSIU-CET 2012 - Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University Entrance Test IPU-CET 2012 | GGSIU-CET 2012 Eligibiltiy Criteria | GGSIU-CET 2012 Dates | GGSIU-CET 2012 Application Procedure | GGSIU-CET 2012 Admissions | GGSIU-CET 2012 Fess | GGSIU-CET 2012 Colleges | GGSIU-CET 2012 Exam Centers | GGSIU-CET 2012 Online Form | GGSIU-CET 2012 Dates | GGSIU-CET 2012 Preparation Tips | GGSIU-CET 2012 Notifications | GGSIU-CET 2012 Question Papers | GGSIU-CET 2012 Sample Papers | GGSIU-CET 2012 Model Question Papers | GGSIU-CET 2012 Study Material | GGSIU-CET 2012 Results | GGSIU-CET 2012 Exam Results | GGSIU-CET 2012 Exam Schedule | GGSIU-CET 2012 Paper Schedule | GGSIU-CET 2012 in India | GGSIU-CET 2012 Application Form | GGSIU-CET 2012 Syllabus | GGSIU-CET 2012 Details | GGSIU-CET 2012 Exam Details | GGSIU-CET 2012 Question Papers with Answers | GGSIU-CET 2012 Question Bank | GGSIU-CET 2012 Mock Test | GGSIU-CET 2012 Answer Keys | GGSIU-CET 2012 Timings | GGSIU-CET 2012 Exam Duration | List of colleges accepting GGSIU-CET 2012 score