MHT-CET 2012 Description
Common Entrance Test (MHT CET) is conducted by the Government of Maharashtra for all health sciences, Engineering and Pharmacy degree courses. The Government of Maharashtra is appointed a Competent Authority for the MHT-CET 2012 for each streams. The merit list of the above said examination will be utilized for admission in: 1) Government / Municipal Corporation / Government Aided Colleges of Health Sciences degree courses. 2) Government /Government Aided / University Managed Colleges / University Departments/ Autonomous Institutions/ Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai (U.I.C.T) and Unaided Private Colleges (those colleges who have given consent to participate in respective year of MHT-CET 2012) of Engineering & Pharmacy degree courses 3) BVSc & AH degree course.
MHT-CET 2012 Contact Details
Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra State
|Test Period||Maharastra Common Entrance Test (MHT-CET 2012) is generally held in Month of May|
|Last Year Date||12-May-11|
|This Year Date||Mid May 2012|
MHT-CET 2012 Conducting Body
The Government of Maharashtra conducts Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MHT-CET 2012).
MHT-CET 2012 Eligibility
- The candidate should be a citizen of India.
- The candidate should have attained the minimum age of 17 years as on 31st December of the year of admission. In order to seek admission in Ayurveda and Unani courses, the candidate should have attained the minimum age of 17 Years as on 1st October of the Year of admission.The upper age limit for the candidates is fixed as 25 Years as on 31st December of the Year of admission. However, relaxation of five years is there for SC/ST candidates.
- The candidate can attempt MHT-CET 2012 for three times only.
- The candidate should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination in science stream (Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Mathematics) from an institution situated in the state of Maharashtra. For engineering program, the candidates should have studied Mathematics as a subject of study at 10+2 level.
- For admission into MBBS, BAMS, BDS, and BSc. Nursing, the candidates are required to obtain minimum 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English put together at HSC (or equivalent) examination. Exemption of 10% is there for SC/ST candidates.
- For admission into MBBS, BDS Courses, the candidates should have secured minimum 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology put together at Common Entrance Test (MHT-CET 2012).
- For BUMS program, the candidates are required to pass senior secondary examination with Urdu as a subject of study.
- The candidates, who have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination outside Maharashtra, are eligible, provided they fulfill the Domicile criteria.
MHT-CET 2012 Exam Pattern
- The entrance examination is divided into three papers, Paper I (Physics and Chemistry), Paper II Biology (Botany, Zoology), Paper III (Mathematics) and its duration is one and half hours.
- The candidates, who aspire to study Health Science and BVSc, AH courses, should appear in Paper I and Paper II.
- The applicants desirous of selection to engineering degree courses needs to appear in Paper I and Paper III
- Candidates, who desire to seek admission in Pharmacy degree course should appear in Paper I, Paper-II and/or Paper-III.
- Each paper of entrance examination comprises maximum of 100 marks. Further, each section (Physics, Chemistry, Botany, and Zoology) of a paper consists of 50 marks. All the questions are of objective type with multiple options to be answered in an OMR answer sheet. More than one answer indicated against a question will be considered as wrong. However, there is no negative marking for wrong answers.
MHT-CET 2012 Courses
- Bachelor of Technology (B Tech)
- Bachelor of Engineering (BE)
- Bachelor of Science (B Sc (Nursing)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharm)
- Bachelor of Vetenary Science and Animal Husbandry (BVSc, AH)
MHT-CET 2012 Fees Details
The cost of the Application Form along with the three information brochures of MHT-CET 2012 and Examination fee is Rs.700/- for open category and all Outside Maharashtra candidates and Rs 500/ for reserve category candidates (belonging to Maharashtra State Only). This amount is not refundable. The candidates from Outside Maharashtra (OMS) can purchase application form and Information brochure(s) of MHT-CET 2012 from any Divisional Authority office as mentioned in Annexure-A by submitting Demand Draft of Rs. 700/- drawn in favour of “Competent Authority, MH-CET, Mumbai” payable at Mumbai, drawn on any Scheduled Commercial Bank.
MHT-CET 2012 Extra Information
Online Form Proccedure
The Online Application Form is being made available to only those eligible candidates, who are desirous of seeking admission to the colleges through centralised Admission Process on the official website www.dte.org.in. Aspiring candidates are required to fill in the Online Application Form, take the printout of the Online Application Form and Confirm the Online application form in person along with duly signed printout of the Online Application form, required documents (both originals and attested copies) at the Application Form Receipt Center (ARC) listed as per schedule. The merit list of eligible candidates for Centralized Admission Process (CAP) will be displayed on website. Applications of Maharashtra State, OMS and AIEEE candidates received by post at ARC/DTE office will be rejected and no communication will be done with the candidate.
- It is MANDATORY for all eligible aspiring Maharashtra State, AIEEE(Paper-1) qualified and J&K Migrant candidates to submit and confirm Online application form for Engineering/Technology.
- AIEEE and J& K Migrant candidates should draw D.D./ Pay Order of specified amount on any Scheduled/Nationalised/Commercial Bank in favour of The Director, Technical Education, Maharashtra State, Payable at Mumbai.
- AIEEE (Paper-1) qualified candidates applying for Engineering/Technology Courses: Such candidates should confirm the application form at ARC, along with a DD/Pay order of Rs. 700/- (Rs.500/- in case of candidates of Backward class categories belonging only to Maharashtra State).
- Maharashtra State candidates aspiring for admission against AIEEE seats, if they are AIEEE-(Paper-1) qualified, should apply for All India Seats (AIEEE) through the same application form along with DD.
- J & K Migrant Candidates applying for Engineering/Technology courses: Such candidates should send print out of duly filled in and signed online application form and attested copies of required documents for confirmation along with a DD/Pay order of Rs. 700/- to: The Principal, Sardar Patel
College of Engineering, Versova Road, Munshi Nagar, Andheri (West), Mumbai-400 058.
- If the candidate fails to confirm the online filled application form at ARC, then such online filled application will be rejected and name of such candidate will not appear in the merit list(s) prepared for the purpose of CAP. Such candidates whose names do not appear in the merit list(s) will not be able to participate in entire Centralized Admission Process.
MHT-CET 2012 Syllabus
Syllabus of the exams will be the same as for the current year for HSC examination of HSC Boards of Maharashtra. The medium for examination shall be English or Marathi or Urdu for Physics, Chemistry and Biology. However, Mathematics paper shall be in English only.
Topics in Mathematics
1. SETS, RELATIONS AND FUNCTIONS
2. COMPLEX NUMBERS AND QUADRATIC EQUATIONS
3. MATRICES AND DETERMINANTS
4. PERMUTATIONS AND COMBINATIONS
5. MATHEMATICAL INDUCTION
6. BINOMIAL THEOREM AND ITS SIMPLE APPLICATIONS
7. SEQUENCES AND SERIES
8. LIMIT, CONTINUITY AND DIFFERENTIABILITY
9. INTEGRAL CALCULUS
10. Differential Equations
11. CO-ORDINATE GEOMETRY
12. Three Dimensional Geometry
13. Vector Algebra
14. STATISTICS AND PROBABILITY
16. MATHEMATICAL REASONING
Topics in Physics
1. PHYSICS AND MEASUREMENT
3. LAWS OF MOTION
4. WORK, ENERGY AND POWER
5. ROTATIONAL MOTION
7. PROPERTIES OF SOLIDS AND LIQUIDS
9. KINETIC THEORY OF GASES
10. OSCILLATIONS AND WAVES
12. CURRENT ELECTRICITY
13. MAGNETIC EFFECTS OF CURRENT AND MAGNETISM
14. ELECTROMAGNETIC INDUCTION AND ALTERNATING CURRENTS
15. ELECTROMAGNETIC WAVES
17. DUAL NATURE OF MATTER AND RADIATION
18. ATOMS AND NUCLEI
19. ELECTRONIC DEVICES
20. COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS
Topics in Chemistry
1. Some Basic concepts IN CHEMISTRY
2. States of Matter
3. Atomic Structure
4. Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
5. CHEMICAL THERMODYNAMICS
8. REDOX REACTIONS AND ELECTROCHEMISTRY
9. CHEMICAL KINETICS
10. SURFACE CHEMISTRY
11. CLASSIFICATON OF ELEMENTS AND PERIODICITY IN PROPERTIES
12. GENERAL PRINCIPLES AND PROCESSES OF ISOLATION OF METALS
14. BLOCK ELEMENTS (ALKALI AND ALKALINE EARTH METALS)
15. P - BLOCK ELEMENTS: Group - 13 to Group 18 Elements
16. d - and f - BLOCK ELEMENTS
17. CO-ORDINATION COMPOUNDS
18. ENVIRONMENTAL CHEMISTRY
19. Purification and Characterization of Organic Compounds
20. SOME BASIC PRINCIPLES OF ORGANIC CHEMISTRY
22. Organic Compounds Containing Halogens
23. Organic compounds containing Oxygen
24. Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
26. Bio Molecules
27. Chemistry in everyday life
MHT-CET 2012 Dates
These are important dates for Maharastra Common Entrance Test (MHT-CET) 2011
- Sale of Application Form with information brochures starts from
23rd March, 2011
- Last date to submit Application Form
31st March, 2011
- Exam Date
12th May, 2011
MHT-CET 2012 Related Information
MHT-CET 2012 - Maharastra Common Entrance Test 2012 | MHT-CET 2012 Eligibiltiy Criteria | MHT-CET 2012 Dates | MHT-CET 2012 Application Procedure | MHT-CET 2012 Admissions | MHT-CET 2012 Fess | MHT-CET 2012 Colleges | MHT-CET 2012 Exam Centers | MHT-CET 2012 Online Form | MHT-CET 2012 Dates | MHT-CET 2012 Preparation Tips | MHT-CET 2012 Notifications | MHT-CET 2012 Question Papers | MHT-CET 2012 Sample Papers | MHT-CET 2012 Model Question Papers | MHT-CET 2012 Study Material | MHT-CET 2012 Results | MHT-CET 2012 Exam Results | MHT-CET 2012 Exam Schedule | MHT-CET 2012 Paper Schedule | MHT-CET 2012 in India | MHT-CET 2012 Application Form | MHT-CET 2012 Syllabus | MHT-CET 2012 Details | MHT-CET 2012 Exam Details | MHT-CET 2012 Question Papers with Answers | MHT-CET 2012 Question Bank | MHT-CET 2012 Mock Test | MHT-CET 2012 Answer Keys | MHT-CET 2012 Timings | MHT-CET 2012 Exam Duration | List of colleges accepting MHT-CET 2012 score