PTU CET 2012 Description
A Combined Entrance Test is conducted by the Punjab Technical University for admission to first year Engineering, Architecture and Pharmacy courses in the colleges affiliated to
- Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar
- Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana
- Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar
- Punjab University, Patiala
- B. Pharmacy Colleges affiliated to PTU Jalandhar only
Admission to Punjab Technical University (PTU) Caparo School of Excellence in Manufacturing and Material Technology shall also be made on the basis of this entrance test. After successful completion of any such program, a degree in relevant discipline is awarded by the Punjab Technical University.
PTU CET 2012 Contact Details
Punjab Technical University
|Test Period||Punjab Technical University Combined Entrance Test (PTU-CET 2012) is generally held in Month of May|
|This Year Date||No Entrance Exam|
PTU CET 2012 Conducting Body
Punjab Technical University Combined Entrance Test 2012 (PTUCET) is conducted by the Punjab Technical University.
PTU CET 2012 Eligibility
The minimum academic qualification for appearing the PTUCET exam is a pass in 10+2 with physics, chemistry and Maths as main subjects.
- Candidates who have passed (10+2) or equivalent with physics and Maths as the main subjects and any of chemistry, Biology, biotechnology, Computer science as optional subject can apply for B.Tech.
- Those who have passed Diploma in Engineering Trade from Punjab State Board of Technical Education, Chandigarh or Diploma/ Certificate course from Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal or such Examinations form any other recognized State Board of Technical Education are also eligible for PTUCET examination.
- Candidates who have passed (10+2) or equivalent with not less than 50% marks with mathematics and English as subjects of Examination are eligible to apply for Architecture Course.
- 3 year Diploma holders with at least 50% marks will be eligible for the admission to 1st year of a 5-year B.Arch. course subject to an aptitude test.
For B. Pharm
- To get admission for B. Pharm, the candidate must possess a qualification equivalent to 10+2 with physics and chemistry as compulsory subjects along with any of mathematics, Bio-Technology, Computer Science as the optional subjects or 3 year diploma in pharmacy from an institute affiliated to Punjab Technical Education and Industrial Training with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
For Lateral Entry
Admission to different universities shall be governed by their respective eligibility criteria from any other University. 15% seats in each college-Admission will be based on AIEEE merit; the students who are applying under this category need not to take CET. However, they must fill up the CET admission application form of PTU and submit application before the due date. The AIEEE score is considered only for those candidates who are residents of states other than Punjab.
PTU CET 2012 Exam Pattern
- This is a written test of three parts. Part 1 comprises Physics, part II comprises Mathematics and Par III consists of Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Computer science.
- Each part has 40 multiple choice questions.
- The candidate is to select one answer and mark it on the answer sheet (OMR) with only dark black ball pen / Gel pen.
- Medium of examination is English.
- There is no negative marking in the test.
PTU CET 2012 Courses
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm)
- Bachelor of Architecture (B. Arch)
PTU CET 2012 Fees Details
- Application form and brochure can be purchased in person against a payment of Rs.550.
- Applicants may even obtain the application form through post by sending a Demand Draft of Rs.600 drawn in favor of REGISTRAR, PTU, draft drawn should be payable at Jalandhar.
- Application forms can also be collected from PTU admission cell at Jalandhar, participating universities, colleges affiliated to PTU, Punjab Bhawan in New Delhi, Directorate of Technical Education and branches of Allahabad Bank and Punjab National Bank.
PTU CET 2012 Extra Information
Submission of Application
- Each candidate taking CET is required to submit his / her application on prescribed application form filled in his own handwriting neatly and legibly along with examination fee deposit slip in Part - G.
- Application form complete in all respect should be sent through Speed Post / Registered Post or by hand at the following address.Admission Cell (CET) Punjab Technical University Jalandhar Campus, Ladowali Road, Jalandhar (Punjab) -144001 on or before the last date and time. Only Under extreme circumstances the candidate who fail to submit Application form before the last date of submission, can submit their application form at Admission Cell At Kapurthala Campus of the University with late fee of Rs. 1000/- end of the month May from 9.00 am to 2.00 pm only with the permission of Chief-Coordinator CET.
- Application shall be rejected if, a)not submitted on the prescribed application Form, b)not filled up in the candidate's own handwriting not supported by the requisite attested photocopies of the documents / certificates c)is incomplete d)Is photocopy of application form e) is received after the prescribed date and time f)not accompanied
PTU CET 2012 Syllabus
They follow the basic syllabus of senior secomdry examination. Candidates should have good knowledge of the following topics.
Topics in Mathematics
1. SETS, RELATIONS AND FUNCTIONS
2. COMPLEX NUMBERS AND QUADRATIC EQUATIONS
3. MATRICES AND DETERMINANTS
4. PERMUTATIONS AND COMBINATIONS
5. MATHEMATICAL INDUCTION
6. BINOMIAL THEOREM AND ITS SIMPLE APPLICATIONS
7. SEQUENCES AND SERIES
8. LIMIT, CONTINUITY AND DIFFERENTIABILITY
9. INTEGRAL CALCULUS
10. Differential Equations
11. CO-ORDINATE GEOMETRY
12. Three Dimensional Geometry
13. Vector Algebra
14. STATISTICS AND PROBABILITY
16. MATHEMATICAL REASONING
Topics in Physics
1. PHYSICS AND MEASUREMENT
3. LAWS OF MOTION
4. WORK, ENERGY AND POWER
5. ROTATIONAL MOTION
7. PROPERTIES OF SOLIDS AND LIQUIDS
9. KINETIC THEORY OF GASES
10. OSCILLATIONS AND WAVES
12. CURRENT ELECTRICITY
13. MAGNETIC EFFECTS OF CURRENT AND MAGNETISM
14. ELECTROMAGNETIC INDUCTION AND ALTERNATING CURRENTS
15. ELECTROMAGNETIC WAVES
17. DUAL NATURE OF MATTER AND RADIATION
18. ATOMS AND NUCLEI
19. ELECTRONIC DEVICES
20. COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS
Topics in Chemistry
1. Some Basic concepts IN CHEMISTRY
2. States of Matter
3. Atomic Structure
4. Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
5. CHEMICAL THERMODYNAMICS
8. REDOX REACTIONS AND ELECTROCHEMISTRY
9. CHEMICAL KINETICS
10. SURFACE CHEMISTRY
11. CLASSIFICATON OF ELEMENTS AND PERIODICITY IN PROPERTIES
12. GENERAL PRINCIPLES AND PROCESSES OF ISOLATION OF METALS
14. BLOCK ELEMENTS (ALKALI AND ALKALINE EARTH METALS)
15. P - BLOCK ELEMENTS: Group - 13 to Group 18 Elements
16. d - and f - BLOCK ELEMENTS
17. CO-ORDINATION COMPOUNDS
18. ENVIRONMENTAL CHEMISTRY
19. Purification and Characterization of Organic Compounds
20. SOME BASIC PRINCIPLES OF ORGANIC CHEMISTRY
22. Organic Compounds Containing Halogens
23. Organic compounds containing Oxygen
24. Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
26. Bio Molecules
27. Chemistry in everyday life
PTU CET 2012 Related Information
PTU CET 2012 - Punjab Technical University Combined Entrance Test 2012 | PTU CET 2012 Eligibiltiy Criteria | PTU CET 2012 Dates | PTU CET 2012 Application Procedure | PTU CET 2012 Admissions | PTU CET 2012 Fess | PTU CET 2012 Colleges | PTU CET 2012 Exam Centers | PTU CET 2012 Online Form | PTU CET 2012 Dates | PTU CET 2012 Preparation Tips | PTU CET 2012 Notifications | PTU CET 2012 Question Papers | PTU CET 2012 Sample Papers | PTU CET 2012 Model Question Papers | PTU CET 2012 Study Material | PTU CET 2012 Results | PTU CET 2012 Exam Results | PTU CET 2012 Exam Schedule | PTU CET 2012 Paper Schedule | PTU CET 2012 in India | PTU CET 2012 Application Form | PTU CET 2012 Syllabus | PTU CET 2012 Details | PTU CET 2012 Exam Details | PTU CET 2012 Question Papers with Answers | PTU CET 2012 Question Bank | PTU CET 2012 Mock Test | PTU CET 2012 Answer Keys | PTU CET 2012 Timings | PTU CET 2012 Exam Duration | List of colleges accepting PTU CET 2012 score