Orissa JEE 2012 Description
Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Orissa is conducted every year for the admission of students to BArch, MBBS, BPharm, MCA, BTech, BHMCT and MBA courses. The examination is also organized for the lateral entry of students to the third semester of various degree courses like BPharm, BTech and BHMCT Courses. Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Orissa is generally held in May at selected centers for the students seeking admission in the various degree courses.
Orissa JEE 2012 Contact Details
|Test Period||Orissa Joint Entrance Examination (Orissa-JEE 2012) is generally held in Month of April|
|Last Year Date||3rd week of April, 2011|
|This Year Date||First week of May 2012|
Orissa JEE 2012 Conducting Body
Orissa Joint Entrance Examination 2012 is taken by the state government of Orissa for selecting meritorious students for various private and government colleges.
Orissa JEE 2012 Eligibility
Eligibility required for admission to First year Bachelor courses:
- Pass or appearing in 10+2 examination with a minimum score of 50% aggregate of Council of Higher Secondary Education, Orissa or equivalent
- The students should have subjects like Physics, Mathematics, as compulsory subjects and one from Chemistry/Computer Science/Biology/Biotechnology in their previous class.
- Candidates who have passed the 10+3 diploma course in engineering from SCTE & T, Orissa or equivalent can also apply for admission.
- Students seeking admission in Architecture should have a minimum of 50% marks in their 10+2 board exam (CHSE, Orissa) or equivalent with mathematics as one of their main subjects.
- Candidates securing at least 50% marks in their 10+3 years diploma course can also apply.
- Students Passed or appearing in 10+2 examination with a minimum of 60 % aggregate of CHSE, Orissa or equivalent can apply for admission.
- The students applying for pharmacy should have Physics, Chemistry or one from the subjects like Biology, Mathematics, Computer Science and Biotechnology in their previous class.
- Students who have cleared the 10+3 diploma course in Pharmacy can also apply for admission.
d) Hotel Management and Catering Technology
- Students who have passed or appearing in 10+2 CHSE, Orissa or equivalent board examination are eligible for admission. Students coming from any stream can apply for the course.
- Students who have passed or appearing in 10+2 exam with at least 50% (40% for SC/ST) marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together are eligible for admission.
- The candidates seeking admission should be between 17 to 25 years of age
- The SC/ST candidates are given relaxation up to 3 years.
Eligibility required for admission to First year Master programs:
a) Computer Application (MCA)
Students who have cleared the 3 years Bachelor’s Degree examination from any well known institute are eligible to take admission. Candidates should have cleared their 12th class with Mathematics as mandatory subject.
b) Business Administration (MBA)
Students passing a minimum of 3years Bachelor’s Degree examination from a recognized university can apply for admission.
For Lateral Entry
- Diploma degree with minimum of 60% aggregate marks for applying.
Orissa JEE 2012 Exam Pattern
- For all the courses there will be a separate entrance test including B. Tech. It will contain questions from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- The question which has been asked for B. Tech, B. Pharmacy is of objective type.
- All the questions are from Physics, Chemistry and Math.
- There is negative marking for each incorrect answer.
- For getting selection in the test candidates have to cross the cut-off marks.
Orissa JEE 2012 Courses
- Bachelor of technology (B. Tech)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharmacy)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Computer Applications(MCA)
Orissa JEE 2012 Fees Details
Candidates can get application forms on payment of Rs. 550/- from the selected branches of Syndicate Bank / State Bank of India/Post offices.
Orissa JEE 2012 Extra Information
Payment of Application Fee (Rs. 550/-) could be made by Demand Draft (In favour of “OJEE, payable at Bhubaneswar).
Steps to be followed for payment through Demand Draft
•Get ready your Demand Draft before filling the application form through on-line.
•Logon to the OJEE website www.odishajee.com, fill the application form, note down the application number which would be generated by system.
•Fill the details of Demand Draft.
•Take a printout of Confirmation Page and complete as per the instruction given below.
Firmly affix a recent high contrast passport size preferably black &white photograph (taken recently) with gum (not to be pinned orstapled) in the space provided for it in the Confirmation slip. The photograph shouldbe without cap or goggles. Spectacles are allowed. Polaroid photos are notacceptable. Candidates not complying with these instructions or with unclearphotograph are liable to be rejected. Paste your recent photographs, sign in the specifiedbox and send this confirmation page along with Demand Draft by Registered/SpeedPost, COURIER to " The Chairman OJEE, JEE CELL, Gandamunda, Khandagiri,Bhubaneswar pin-751030 or further processing so as to reach latest by last week of March. Application received beyond this month will not be accepted.
Candidates submitting online applications are required
- to attach Demand Draft of RS. 550/- (In favour of “OJEE, payable atBhubaneswar).
- to mention his/her Application No., Name, and Address on the back of theDemand Draft .
- to retain a photocopy of confirmation page for future reference.
- to retain a photocopy of the Demand Draft sent.
The processing of applications will begin only after receiving confirmation page and required fee (by Demand Draft).
Orissa JEE 2012 Syllabus
Topics in Mathematics
1. SETS, RELATIONS AND FUNCTIONS
2. COMPLEX NUMBERS AND QUADRATIC EQUATIONS
3. MATRICES AND DETERMINANTS
4. PERMUTATIONS AND COMBINATIONS
5. MATHEMATICAL INDUCTION
6. BINOMIAL THEOREM AND ITS SIMPLE APPLICATIONS
7. SEQUENCES AND SERIES
8. LIMIT, CONTINUITY AND DIFFERENTIABILITY
9. INTEGRAL CALCULUS
10. Differential Equations
11. CO-ORDINATE GEOMETRY
12. Three Dimensional Geometry
13. Vector Algebra
14. STATISTICS AND PROBABILITY
16. MATHEMATICAL REASONING
Topics in Physics
1. PHYSICS AND MEASUREMENT
3. LAWS OF MOTION
4. WORK, ENERGY AND POWER
5. ROTATIONAL MOTION
7. PROPERTIES OF SOLIDS AND LIQUIDS
9. KINETIC THEORY OF GASES
10. OSCILLATIONS AND WAVES
12. CURRENT ELECTRICITY
13. MAGNETIC EFFECTS OF CURRENT AND MAGNETISM
14. ELECTROMAGNETIC INDUCTION AND ALTERNATING CURRENTS
15. ELECTROMAGNETIC WAVES
17. DUAL NATURE OF MATTER AND RADIATION
18. ATOMS AND NUCLEI
19. ELECTRONIC DEVICES
20. COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS
Topics in Chemistry
1. Some Basic concepts IN CHEMISTRY
2. States of Matter
3. Atomic Structure
4. Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
5. CHEMICAL THERMODYNAMICS
8. REDOX REACTIONS AND ELECTROCHEMISTRY
9. CHEMICAL KINETICS
10. SURFACE CHEMISTRY
11. CLASSIFICATON OF ELEMENTS AND PERIODICITY IN PROPERTIES
12. GENERAL PRINCIPLES AND PROCESSES OF ISOLATION OF METALS
14. BLOCK ELEMENTS (ALKALI AND ALKALINE EARTH METALS)
15. P - BLOCK ELEMENTS: Group - 13 to Group 18 Elements
16. d - and f - BLOCK ELEMENTS
17. CO-ORDINATION COMPOUNDS
18. ENVIRONMENTAL CHEMISTRY
19. Purification and Characterization of Organic Compounds
20. SOME BASIC PRINCIPLES OF ORGANIC CHEMISTRY
22. Organic Compounds Containing Halogens
23. Organic compounds containing Oxygen
24. Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
26. Bio Molecules
27. Chemistry in everyday life
Orissa JEE 2012 Dates
These are important dates for Orissa Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE) 2011.
- Issue of Application Form
2nd February, 2011
- Last date to submit form
4th March, 2011
- Exam Date
18th April, 2011
Orissa JEE 2012 Related Information
Orissa JEE 2012 - Orissa Joint Entrance Examination 2012 | Orissa JEE 2012 Eligibiltiy Criteria | Orissa JEE 2012 Dates | Orissa JEE 2012 Application Procedure | Orissa JEE 2012 Admissions | Orissa JEE 2012 Fess | Orissa JEE 2012 Colleges | Orissa JEE 2012 Exam Centers | Orissa JEE 2012 Online Form | Orissa JEE 2012 Dates | Orissa JEE 2012 Preparation Tips | Orissa JEE 2012 Notifications | Orissa JEE 2012 Question Papers | Orissa JEE 2012 Sample Papers | Orissa JEE 2012 Model Question Papers | Orissa JEE 2012 Study Material | Orissa JEE 2012 Results | Orissa JEE 2012 Exam Results | Orissa JEE 2012 Exam Schedule | Orissa JEE 2012 Paper Schedule | Orissa JEE 2012 in India | Orissa JEE 2012 Application Form | Orissa JEE 2012 Syllabus | Orissa JEE 2012 Details | Orissa JEE 2012 Exam Details | Orissa JEE 2012 Question Papers with Answers | Orissa JEE 2012 Question Bank | Orissa JEE 2012 Mock Test | Orissa JEE 2012 Answer Keys | Orissa JEE 2012 Timings | Orissa JEE 2012 Exam Duration | List of colleges accepting Orissa JEE 2012 score