WB JEE 2012 Description
The west Bengal joint Entrance Examinations Board was formed as west Bengal Board of Examination for Admission to Engineering Degree Colleges in the year 1962, born out of a concept of holding a common admission test for the Engineering colleges of the State of West Bengal. The basic purpose was to select candidates for consideration for admission to the State Colleges on the basis of the results of a single competitive examination, which would also lead to saving of time, energy and expenditure on the part of the candidates in appearing at number of entrance tests.
WB JEE 2012 Contact Details
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board,
|Test Period||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WB-JEE 2012) is generally held in Month of April|
|Last Year Date||17-Apr-11|
|This Year Date||Fourth week of April 2012|
WB JEE 2012 Conducting Body
West Bengal JECA entrance examination is conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination 2012 Board.
WB JEE 2012 Eligibility
- The candidate should possess Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized University with Mathematics as a compulsory subject of study at graduation level. The candidates appearing in the Bachelor's degree final examination are also eligible to apply.
- The applicant should have the nationality of India.
- There is no specified age limit prescribed by the Board for appearing in the entrance examination.
- Candidates must be age of 17 years old.
- Candidates should produce their domecile certificates.
WB JEE 2012 Exam Pattern
The entrance examination consists of the following two parts.
- Part I includes questions testing the aptitude of the aspirants.
- Part II consists of questions from Mathematics.
- Each part of the entrance examination is of 100 marks.
- Total duration of the entrance examination is two and half hours.
- Section of aptitude test is of one hour, while Part II is of one and a half hours.
- The entrance examination consists of objective questions with multiple options to choose from, for the correct answer.
WB JEE 2012 Courses
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech)
- Bachelor of Engineering (BE)
- Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch)
WB JEE 2012 Fees Details
- Students willing to sit for the (JECA) West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination 2012 MCA may collect the application form by post.
- Candidates are required to send a request letter along with a demand draft of Rs. 350 to West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination 2012 Board, Slater Hall Bengal Engineering and Science University, Shibpur, Howrah-711103
- The dd should be drawn in favour of WEST BENGAL JOINT ENTRANCE EXAMINATION BOARD at HOWRAH.
- They should also send a self-addressed envelope (26cm x 13cms) along with a postal stamp (Rs. 40).
- The request for application form should reach the office within the given time period.
- Application forms can also be collected from the selected branches of United Bank of India.
WB JEE 2012 Extra Information
Availability of Application Form :
The application kit (i.e., prescribed printed application form along with Information Brochure and posting window envelop) will be available from the different Branches of United Bank of India (as specified in the advertisement) on payment of Rs. 500/- (for E & M type Form) and Rs.600/- for C type Form in cash. a) The application form once purchased cannot be returned or replaced. b) The application kit may also be obtained by post from the Board on application with an additional fee of Rs.100/-(Rupees one hundred only). The total amount (i.e. cost of application form plus 100/-) has to be paid through Demand Draft drawn in favour of “West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination 2012s Board” payable at Kolkata/Howrah. The Board shall not be responsible for non-receipt of request for Application Form within stipulated date by post due to postal delay. c) The Application Kit can also be obtained only from the office of the Board at AQ-13/1, Sector – V, Salt Lake, Kolkata-700 091 with payment of the actual cost of the Form and late fee of Rs.200/- (Rupees two hundred only) through a Bank Draft to be drawn in favour of “West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination 2012s Board” payable at Kolkata/Howrah.
Submission of Application Form :
The duly filled in Application Form must be sent in the printed window envelop provided in the “Application Kit” through Speed Post only to the Member Secretary, West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination 2012s Board, AQ-13/1, Sector-V, Salt Lake, Kolkata-700 091. Before sending the Application Form the candidate must ensure that the Bar Code printed on the right hand top portion of the Application Form (side-1) is clearly visible from the window. Candidates must enclose the Bank slip marked “Board Copy” along with the application form. The Bank slip marked “candidate copy” must be retained by the candidate. No application form will be received by hand or through courier/other agencies. Forms received after the last date will not be processed.
Issue of Admit Card :
After receipt of Application Form by the Board, an Admit Card will be sent to the applicant indicating his/her Examination Centre of the Joint Entrance Examination by Speed Post. However, the Board will not be responsible for any consequences that may arise due to loss of Admit Card in transit. The Form Number will serve as the Enrolment Number. In case the applicant does not receive the Admit Card by first week of April he/she should contact this Board website to ascertain as to whether his/her Application Form Number is included within the cancellation list of application forms. If not, then he/she should contact personally/through authorized representative along with following relevant documents for procurement of duplicate admit card.
a) Xerox copy of the filled-in Application Form.
b) Postal slip for despatch of filled-in Application Form (Speed Post).
c) Two identical copies of the colour photographs (as pasted in the Application Form) duly attested by the Head of the recognised institution last attended.
d) Bank Slip (which is retained by the candidate).
e) Original admit cards of Madhyamik(10th Standard) or equivalent examinations/H.S.(10+2) or equivalent examinations.
Issue of Duplicate Admitcard
Duplicate admit card will be issued from the office of the Board, to the concerned candidates in person from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. during the period of first week of May. After receipt, if the Original admit card is lost before examination then for obtaining the duplicate admit card the original copy of the missing diary lodged in the local police station in this regard will have to be produced in addition to the aforesaid documents; as stated above. Requisite fee of Rs.200/- (Rupees Two hundred only) in the form of a Bank Draft to be drawn in favour of “West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination 2012s Board,” payable at Kolkata/Howrah has to be paid for the purpose.Candidates must ensure that the photographs on the admit card are not mutilated/distorted/soiled even by accident and the hologram pasted on the photograph is not torn or taken out. Candidates with such admit cards will not be allowed to appear in the Joint Entrance Examination. Candidates must retain their admit cards carefully in a secured place in undamaged condition in all respect as stated above till the completion of admission procedure. No duplicate Admit Card will be issued after the Joint Entrance Examination under any circumstances. All applicants who appear to be prima facie eligible shall be provisionally permitted to sit for the Joint Entrance Examination. If, after scrutiny at any stage, it is found that an applicant is otherwise ineligible his/her candidature will be automatically cancelled even if he/she has appeared at the Joint Entrance Examination and secured a position in the merit list or at any stage during Counselling/admission or registration. The candidature of a candidate will be automatically cancelled if he/she fails to produce any of the required appropriate documents in original during counselling / admission or registration for fulfillment of eligibility and other criteria as specified earlier.
WB JEE 2012 Syllabus
Aptitude Test includes:
- Problem Solving
- Quantitative Comparison
- Discrete Quantitative Analysis
- Data Interpretation
Topics in Mathematics
1. SETS, RELATIONS AND FUNCTIONS
2. COMPLEX NUMBERS AND QUADRATIC EQUATIONS
3. MATRICES AND DETERMINANTS
4. PERMUTATIONS AND COMBINATIONS
5. MATHEMATICAL INDUCTION
6. BINOMIAL THEOREM AND ITS SIMPLE APPLICATIONS
7. SEQUENCES AND SERIES
8. LIMIT, CONTINUITY AND DIFFERENTIABILITY
9. INTEGRAL CALCULUS
10. Differential Equations
11. CO-ORDINATE GEOMETRY
12. Three Dimensional Geometry
13. Vector Algebra
14. STATISTICS AND PROBABILITY
16. MATHEMATICAL REASONING
Topics in Physics
1. PHYSICS AND MEASUREMENT
3. LAWS OF MOTION
4. WORK, ENERGY AND POWER
5. ROTATIONAL MOTION
7. PROPERTIES OF SOLIDS AND LIQUIDS
9. KINETIC THEORY OF GASES
10. OSCILLATIONS AND WAVES
12. CURRENT ELECTRICITY
13. MAGNETIC EFFECTS OF CURRENT AND MAGNETISM
14. ELECTROMAGNETIC INDUCTION AND ALTERNATING CURRENTS
15. ELECTROMAGNETIC WAVES
17. DUAL NATURE OF MATTER AND RADIATION
18. ATOMS AND NUCLEI
19. ELECTRONIC DEVICES
20. COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS
Topics in Chemistry
1. Some Basic concepts IN CHEMISTRY
2. States of Matter
3. Atomic Structure
4. Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
5. CHEMICAL THERMODYNAMICS
8. REDOX REACTIONS AND ELECTROCHEMISTRY
9. CHEMICAL KINETICS
10. SURFACE CHEMISTRY
11. CLASSIFICATON OF ELEMENTS AND PERIODICITY IN PROPERTIES
12. GENERAL PRINCIPLES AND PROCESSES OF ISOLATION OF METALS
14. BLOCK ELEMENTS (ALKALI AND ALKALINE EARTH METALS)
15. P - BLOCK ELEMENTS: Group - 13 to Group 18 Elements
16. d - and f - BLOCK ELEMENTS
17. CO-ORDINATION COMPOUNDS
18. ENVIRONMENTAL CHEMISTRY
19. Purification and Characterization of Organic Compounds
20. SOME BASIC PRINCIPLES OF ORGANIC CHEMISTRY
22. Organic Compounds Containing Halogens
23. Organic compounds containing Oxygen
24. Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
26. Bio Molecules
27. Chemistry in everyday life
WB JEE 2012 Dates
These are important dates for West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE) 2011
- WBJEE exam date
17th April, 2011
- Availability of sale of Application Form
25th November to 31st December, 2010
- Candidates can get Application Forms by post by paying 200/- till
15th December, 2010
- The last date for receipt of completed application form by Speed Post only
12th January, 2011
- The Application Forms may also be obtained from the Board’s Office only with payment of 300/- extra
1st January to 7th January, 2011
WB JEE 2012 Related Information
WB JEE 2012 - West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination 2012 | WB JEE 2012 Eligibiltiy Criteria | WB JEE 2012 Dates | WB JEE 2012 Application Procedure | WB JEE 2012 Admissions | WB JEE 2012 Fess | WB JEE 2012 Colleges | WB JEE 2012 Exam Centers | WB JEE 2012 Online Form | WB JEE 2012 Dates | WB JEE 2012 Preparation Tips | WB JEE 2012 Notifications | WB JEE 2012 Question Papers | WB JEE 2012 Sample Papers | WB JEE 2012 Model Question Papers | WB JEE 2012 Study Material | WB JEE 2012 Results | WB JEE 2012 Exam Results | WB JEE 2012 Exam Schedule | WB JEE 2012 Paper Schedule | WB JEE 2012 in India | WB JEE 2012 Application Form | WB JEE 2012 Syllabus | WB JEE 2012 Details | WB JEE 2012 Exam Details | WB JEE 2012 Question Papers with Answers | WB JEE 2012 Question Bank | WB JEE 2012 Mock Test | WB JEE 2012 Answer Keys | WB JEE 2012 Timings | WB JEE 2012 Exam Duration | List of colleges accepting WB JEE 2012 score