UPTU-SEE 2012 Description
Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination (UPSEE) is conducted by Uttar Pradesh Technical University, Lucknow for the candidates who seek admission to Professional degree and post graduate courses in State Government, Govt. aided and Private unaided institutions affiliated to U.P. Technical University along with some other Universities of Uttar Pradesh. Central Admission Board – CAB, constituted by Govt. of Uttar Pradesh under the Chairmanship of Vice Chancellor of Uttar Pradesh Technical University (UPTU), Lucknow is controlling and supervising the SEE.
UPTU-SEE 2012 Contact Details
email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
|Test Period||Uttar Pradesh - State Entrance Examination (UPTU-SEE 2012) is generally held in Month of April|
|Last Year Date||3rd week of April, 2011|
|This Year Date||Third week of April 2012|
UPTU-SEE 2012 Conducting Body
Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination (SEE) is conducted by Uttar Pradesh Technical University.
UPTU-SEE 2012 Eligibility
- Candidates must have passed Intermediate examination of U.P. Board or 10+2 level examination or its equivalent from any recognized Board/University for admission to 1st year of B.Tech./B.Pharm/ B.Arch. /B.H.M.C.T. as per subjects prescribed by AICTE./ Council of Architecture.
- Candidates must have passed 3 year degree course with Mathematics as one subject at 10+2 level or at degree level for admission to 1st year of M.C.A. and 3 year degree course in any discipline for admission to 1st year of M.B.A.
- The candidates must have passed Diploma Course recognized by the Board of Technical Education, U.P. with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate for admission to 2nd year of B.Tech. / B.Pharma courses.
- The candidates possessing three year Diploma in Architecture (10+3) recognized by Central Govt./ State Govt. provided the candidates passed the Diploma Examination with minimum 50% marks in aggregate are also eligible for admission to First year of B.Arch. only. Such candidates have to appear in the entrance examination for first year of B.Arch. papers (paper 2,6) mentioned above.
- The candidates appearing in qualifying examination are also eligible to appear in UPSEE subject to the condition that they will fulfill the eligibility criteria at the time of counselling.
- The details of admissions for NRI and Kashmiri migrants will be published later, in the month of May, according to the norms to be laid down by the Govt. of U.P. / AICTE.
- This admission test is open only to the candidates who and/or whose parents are domicile of U.P.
UPTU-SEE 2012 Exam Pattern
- SEE-UPTU will be conducted for twelve papers with objective type questions except Drawing Aptitude test.
- The candidates are required to opt papers and subjects for appearing in the entrance examination.
- All question papers (except part B of paper-6) will carry objective multiple-choice questions. Answers will be evaluated by OMR methodology.
- All question papers except paper 6 (B.Arch) will be in Hindi and English. The candidates have the option to answer part B of paper 6 either in English or Hindi.
- In all cases, the standard English numbers must be used.
- All objective type questions would carry four marks for each correct answer.
- More than one answer indicated against a question will be considered as incorrect.
- Answers are to be marked using ball point pen (Black / Blue) only.
- All objective type questions are required to be answered on specially designed OMR answer sheets. For the purpose of evaluation, Test Booklet Code written by the candidate in the OMR answer sheet will be accepted as final.
- There is no negative marking in this test.
UPTU-SEE 2012 Courses
- 4 year Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech./B.Tech.(Ag. Engg.)
- 4 year BHMCT Course
- 4 year Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm)
- 2 year Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- 5 year Bachelor of Architechture (B.Arch)
- 3year Master of Computer Aplications (MCA)
UPTU-SEE 2012 Fees Details
Application forms and information brochure can be obtained from the Registrar of, State Entrance Exam. One can get application form and information brochure by sending bank draft of Rs. 550.00 for General/OBC and Rs. 350.00 for SC/ST candidates in favor of Finance Officer, U.P. Technical University, Lucknow. The request should be accompanied by two self addressed stickers. One can get the form by post till the second week of February. Information brochure and application forms can also be collected from the specified branches of Allahabad Bank on cash payment.
UPTU-SEE 2012 Extra Information
Vertical Reservation (Category):
Category Percentage of Reservation
(a) Scheduled Caste of U.P. 21%
(b) Scheduled Tribe of U.P. 02%
(c) Other Backward Classes of U.P. 27%
Horizontal Reservation (Sub-category available in each category):
Sub-Category Code Maximum Percentage of Total Seats
(a) Dependents of Freedom Fighters from U.P. UPFF 02%
(b) Sons / Daughters of 'defence personnel of U.P. either retired (superannuated) or killed / disabled in action’ or ‘defence personnel posted in U.P.’ UPAF 05%
(c) Handicapped / Disabled of U.P. UPHC 03%
(d) Girls of U.P. UPGL 20%
- The candidates can be given only one type of horizontal reservation. The eligible candidate can opt for only one type of horizontal reservation (in the OMR application form) out of UPFF/UPAF/UPHC/UPGL. In case the candidate does not opt for any one of the four suitable horizontal reservation (including girls), horizontal reservation shall not be admissible at a later date.
- Subsequent request for the change of category / sub-category filled in OMR application form shall not be entertained under any circumstances.
- Category / sub-category must be supported by the relevant certificates as per proforma given in the Appendix-C to be produced at the time of counselling, failing which the candidates shall be treated in General Category.
- The advantage of horizontal reservation in Armed force sub-category is available to sons/daughters of defence personnel of U.P. either retired (Superannuated) or killed / disabled in action and the dependents settled in U.P.or the defence personnel posted in U. P.on the date of Entrance Examination.
- Certificates are required at the time of counselling for reservations in subcategories mentioned
- The seats available under Fee Waiver scheme will be notified in respective cateory at the time of counseling.
WEIGHTAGE TO CANDIDATES FROM RURAL AREAS OF UTTAR PRADESH
- A weightage of 3% of the total marks obtained at SEE-UPTU: will be given to such UPGE candidates for B.Tech./B.Pharm/B.Arch./BHMCT/BFAD courses, who have passed the qualifying examination from an institution situated in rural area of Uttar Pradesh.
- For this purpose, the institutions should be situated in the jurisdiction of Gram Panchayat but the area should not be industrially developed area. Such candidates must produce the certificate at the time of counselling.
- Rural weightage is not applicable for a candidate opting any other reservation and for a candidate opting direct admission to second year.
- Rural weightage is not applicable in MBA and MCA courses.
- Rural weightage is not applicable for candidates under UPGD category defined
UPTU-SEE 2012 Syllabus
UNIT 1 : SETS, RELATIONS AND FUNCTIONS
UNIT 2 :COMPLEX NUMBERS AND QUADRATIC EQUATIONS
UNIT 3 :MATRICES AND DETERMINANTS
UNIT 4 :PERMUTATIONS AND COMBINATIONS
UNIT 5 :MATHEMATICAL INDUCTION
UNIT 6 :BINOMIAL THEOREM AND ITS SIMPLE APPLICATIONS
UNIT 7 : SEQUENCES AND SERIES
UNIT 8 : LIMIT, CONTINUITY AND DIFFERENTIABILITY
UNIT 9 : INTEGRAL CALCULUS
UNIT 10 : DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS
UNIT 11: CO-ORDINATE GEOMETRY
UNIT 12: THREE DIMENSIONAL GEOMETRY
UNIT 13: VECTOR ALGEBRA
UNIT 14: STATISTICS AND PROBABILITY
UNIT 15: TRIGONOMETRY
UNIT 16: MATHEMATICAL REASONING
UNIT 1: PHYSICS AND MEASUREMENT
UNIT 2: KINEMATICS
UNIT 3: LAWS OF MOTION
UNIT 4: WORK, ENERGY AND POWER
UNIT 5: ROTATIONAL MOTION
UNIT 6: GRAVITATION
UNIT 7: PROPERTIES OF SOLIDS AND LIQUIDS
UNIT 8: THERMODYNAMICS
UNIT 9: KINETIC THEORY OF GASES
UNIT 10 : OSCILLATIONS AND WAVES
UNIT 11 : ELECTROSTATICS
UNIT 12 : CURRRENT ELECTRICITY
UNIT 13: MAGNETIC EFFECTS OF CURRENT AND MAGNETISM
UNIT 14 : ELECTROMAGNETIC INDUCTION AND ALTERNATING CURRENTS
UNIT 15 : ELECTROMAGNETIC WAVES
UNIT 16 : OPTICS
UNIT 17 : DUAL NATURE OF MATTER ANDRADIATION
UNIT 18 : ATOMS AND NUCLEI
UNIT 19 : ELECTRONIC DEVICES
UNIT 20 : COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS
UNIT 21 : EXPERIMENTAL SKILLS
Familiarity with the basic approach and observations of the experiments and activities
1. Vernier callipers-its use to measure internal and external diameter and depth of a vessel.
2. Screw gauge-its use to determine thickness/diameter of thin sheet/wire.
3. Simple Pendulum-dissipation of energy by plotting a graph between square of amplitude time.
4. Metre Scale - mass of a given object by principle of moments.
5. Youngs modulus of elasticity of the material of a metallic wire.
6. Surface tension of water by capillary rise and effect of detergents.
7. Co-efficient of Viscosity of a given viscous liquid by measuring terminal velocity of a given sphericalbody.
8. Plotting a cooling curve for the relationship between the temperature of a hot body and time.
9. Speed of sound in air at room temperature using a resonance tube.
10. Specific heat capacity of a given (i) solid and (ii)liquid by method of mixtures.
11. Resistivity of the material of a given wire using metre bridge.
12. Resistance of a given wire using Ohm's law.
(i) Comparison of emf of two primary cells.
(ii) Determination of internal resistance of a cell.
14. Resistance and figure of merit of a galvanometer by half deflection method.
15. Focal length of:(i) Convex mirror, ii) Concave mirror, and(iii) Convex lens using parallax method.
16. Plot of angle of deviation vs angle of incidence for a triangular prism.
17. Refractive index of a glass slab using a travelling
18. Characteristic curves of a p-n junction diode in forward and reverse bias.
19. Characteristic curves of a Zener diode and finding reverse break down voltage.
20. Characteristic curves of a transistor and finding current gain and voltage gain.
21. Identification of Diode, LED, Transistor, IC,Resistor, Capacitor from mixed collection of such items.
22. Using multimeter to:(i) Identify base of a transistor, (ii) Distinguish between npn and pnp type transistor, (iii) See the unidirectional flow of current in case of a diode and an LED.(iv) Check the correctness or otherwise of a given electronic component (diode, transistor or IC)
UNIT 1:SOME BASIC CONCEPTS IN CHEMISTRY
UNIT 2: STATES OF MATTER
UNIT 3 :ATOMIC STRUCTURE
UNIT 4: CHEMICAL BONDING AND MOLECULAR
UNIT 5 : CHEMICAL THERMODYNAMICS
UNIT 6 : SOLUTIONS
UNIT 7: EQUILIBRIUM
UNIT 8 : REDOX REACTIONS AND ELECTROCHEMISTRY
UNIT 9 : CHEMICAL KINETICS
UNIT-10 : SURFACE CHEMISTRY
UNIT 11 : CLASSIFICATON OF ELEMENTS AND PERIODICITY IN PROPERTIES
UNIT 12 : GENERAL PRINCIPLES AND PROCESSES OF ISOLATION OF METALS
UNIT 13 : HYDROGEN
UNIT 14 : S - BLOCK ELEMENTS (ALKALI AND ALKALINE EARTH METALS)
UNIT 15 : P - BLOCK ELEMENTS
UNIT 16 : d and f BLOCK ELEMENTS
UNIT 17 : CO-ORDINATION COMPOUNDS
UNIT 18 : ENVIRONMENTAL CHEMISTRY
UNIT 19 : PURIFICATION AND CHARACTERISATION OF ORGANIC COMPOUNDS
UNIT 20 : SOME BASIC PRINCIPLES OF ORGANIC CHEMISTRY
UNIT 21 : HYDROCARBONS
UNIT 22 : ORGANIC COMPOUNDS CONTAINING
UNIT 23 : ORGANIC COMPOUNDS CONTAINING OXYGEN
UNIT 24 : ORGANIC COMPOUNDS CONTAINING NITROGEN
UNIT 25 : POLYMERS
UNIT 26 : BIOMOLECULES
UNIT 27 : CHEMISTRY IN EVERYDAY LIFE
UNIT 28 : PRINCIPLES RELATED TO PRACTICAL CHEMISTRY
UPTU-SEE 2012 Dates
These are important dates for Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination (UPSEE) 2011
- Application Forms are avilable from
31st January to 28th February, 2011
- Last date of receipt of Application Form
4th March, 2011
- UPSEE exam date
16/17th April, 2011
UPTU-SEE 2012 Related Information
UPTU-SEE 2012 - Uttar Pradesh - State Entrance Examination 2012 | UPTU-SEE 2012 Eligibiltiy Criteria | UPTU-SEE 2012 Dates | UPTU-SEE 2012 Application Procedure | UPTU-SEE 2012 Admissions | UPTU-SEE 2012 Fess | UPTU-SEE 2012 Colleges | UPTU-SEE 2012 Exam Centers | UPTU-SEE 2012 Online Form | UPTU-SEE 2012 Dates | UPTU-SEE 2012 Preparation Tips | UPTU-SEE 2012 Notifications | UPTU-SEE 2012 Question Papers | UPTU-SEE 2012 Sample Papers | UPTU-SEE 2012 Model Question Papers | UPTU-SEE 2012 Study Material | UPTU-SEE 2012 Results | UPTU-SEE 2012 Exam Results | UPTU-SEE 2012 Exam Schedule | UPTU-SEE 2012 Paper Schedule | UPTU-SEE 2012 in India | UPTU-SEE 2012 Application Form | UPTU-SEE 2012 Syllabus | UPTU-SEE 2012 Details | UPTU-SEE 2012 Exam Details | UPTU-SEE 2012 Question Papers with Answers | UPTU-SEE 2012 Question Bank | UPTU-SEE 2012 Mock Test | UPTU-SEE 2012 Answer Keys | UPTU-SEE 2012 Timings | UPTU-SEE 2012 Exam Duration | List of colleges accepting UPTU-SEE 2012 score