IIT JEE 2012 Description
IIT JEE is considered as one of the prominent entrance tests in India, conducted for the admission into various undergraduate and postgraduate level programmes in the field of engineering and technology. The competitive entrance test is conducted through a rotational policy between 15 IITs, each located in Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Delhi, Gandhinagar, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jodhpur, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Mandi, Mumbai, Patna, Ropar and Roorkee. The institutions are accompanied with Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University (IT-BHU) Varanasi and Indian School of Mines (ISM) Dhanbad.
IIT JEE 2012 Contact Details
IIT-Bombay (022) 25764063
|Test Period||Indian Institute of Technology, Joint Entrance Examination (IIT-JEE 2012) is generally held in Month of April|
|Last Year Date||10-Apr-11|
|This Year Date||8th April,2012 (Sunday)|
IIT JEE 2012 Conducting Body
Indian Institute of Technology (IITS) conduct the test on rotational basis.
IIT JEE 2012 Eligibility
- Candidates appearing in (10+2) or equivalent qualifying examination year must secure at least 60% (55% for SC/ST and PD) marks in aggregate in their respective Board Examination.In case of respective Boards award letter grades, without providing a norm for converting them to equivalent percentage marks, the norms decided by the Joint Implementation Committee of JEE shall be final.
- A student can have only two attempts to write JEE. Candidates who join any of the IITs, IT-BHU, Varanasi, and Indian School of Mines (ISM), Dhanbad through IIT JEE will not be permitted to appear in JEE in future.
- Candidates age should not be more than 25 years. However, in case of SC/ST, PD candidates the upper age limit is relaxed by five years.
IIT JEE 2012 Exam Pattern
- There will be two question papers, each of three hours duration. Both the question papers will consist of three separate sections on Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics. They will be of objective type, designed to test comprehension, reasoning and analytical ability of candidates.
- The answers for each of the questions are to be recorded on a separate, specially designed, machine-gradable sheet of paper. While answering each of the questions the candidate is expected to darken the bubble(s) against correct answer(s) using hard black (HB) pencils only.
- In some sections, incorrect answers may be awarded negative marks.
IIT JEE 2012 Courses
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm)
- Bachelor of Design (B.Des)
- Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch)
- Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharm Dual Degree)
- Master of Science (M.Sc Integrated)
- Bachelor of Science (BS) & Master of Science (MS) Dual degree
- Master of Science and Technology(M.Sc Tech) Integrated
- Master of Technology (M.Tech) Integrated
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) and Master of Technology (M.Tech) Dual Degree
IIT JEE 2012 Fees Details
One can submit an online application form from any of the websites of IIT. For off line applications, one can buy an application form with information brochure from any of the designated branches of banks by paying Rs. 500/ for SC/ST and Female candidates or Rs 1000/ for all other candidates.
IIT JEE 2012 Extra Information
Important Points to Note
- One can attempt JEE only twice, in consecutive years. That means one should have attempted JEE for the first time in 2010 or will be appearing in 2011.
- Those who have taken admission (irrespective of whether or not they continued in any of the programmes) or accepted the admission by paying the registration fee at any of the IITs, IT-BHU Varanasi or ISM Dhanbad, are NOT ELIGIBLE to write JEE.
- The year of passing the qualifying examination will be determined based on the examination he/she passed the earliest out of the qualifying examinations listed in Section III(2). If the candidate attempted any of the qualifying examinations listed in Section III(2) more than once, then the year of the first successful attempt will be used to determine the eligibility to write JEE.
- The offer of admission is subject to verification of original certificates/ documents at the time of admission. If any candidate is found ineligible at a later date even after admission to an Institute, his/her admission will be cancelled automatically.
- If a candidate is expecting the results of the QE in same year his/her admission will only be provisional until he/she submits the relevant documents. The admission stands cancelled if the documents are not submitted in original to the concerned institute before September of that year.
- If a candidate has passed any of the examinations, listed in Section III(2), before October she/he is not eligible to appear in JEE.
- If a Board invariably declares the results of the QE late (only after September 30, every year), the candidate is advised to attempt JEE in later.
- The decision of the Joint Admission Board of JEE regarding the eligibility of any applicant shall be final.
IIT JEE 2012 Syllabus
UNIT 1 : SETS, RELATIONS AND FUNCTIONS
UNIT 2 :COMPLEX NUMBERS AND QUADRATIC EQUATIONS
UNIT 3 :MATRICES AND DETERMINANTS
UNIT 4 :PERMUTATIONS AND COMBINATIONS
UNIT 5 :MATHEMATICAL INDUCTION
UNIT 6 :BINOMIAL THEOREM AND ITS SIMPLE APPLICATIONS
UNIT 7 : SEQUENCES AND SERIES
UNIT 8 : LIMIT, CONTINUITY AND DIFFERENTIABILITY
UNIT 9 : INTEGRAL CALCULUS
UNIT 10 : DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS
UNIT 11: CO-ORDINATE GEOMETRY
UNIT 12: THREE DIMENSIONAL GEOMETRY
UNIT 13: VECTOR ALGEBRA
UNIT 14: STATISTICS AND PROBABILITY
UNIT 15: TRIGONOMETRY
UNIT 16: MATHEMATICAL REASONING
UNIT 1: PHYSICS AND MEASUREMENT
UNIT 2: KINEMATICS
UNIT 3: LAWS OF MOTION
UNIT 4: WORK, ENERGY AND POWER
UNIT 5: ROTATIONAL MOTION
UNIT 6: GRAVITATION
UNIT 7: PROPERTIES OF SOLIDS AND LIQUIDS
UNIT 8: THERMODYNAMICS
UNIT 9: KINETIC THEORY OF GASES
UNIT 10 : OSCILLATIONS AND WAVES
UNIT 11 : ELECTROSTATICS
UNIT 12 : CURRRENT ELECTRICITY
UNIT 13: MAGNETIC EFFECTS OF CURRENT AND MAGNETISM
UNIT 14 : ELECTROMAGNETIC INDUCTION AND ALTERNATING CURRENTS
UNIT 15 : ELECTROMAGNETIC WAVES
UNIT 16 : OPTICS
UNIT 17 : DUAL NATURE OF MATTER ANDRADIATION
UNIT 18 : ATOMS AND NUCLEI
UNIT 19 : ELECTRONIC DEVICES
UNIT 20 : COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS
UNIT 21 : EXPERIMENTAL SKILLS
Familiarity with the basic approach and observations of the experiments and activities
1. Vernier callipers-its use to measure internal and external diameter and depth of a vessel.
2. Screw gauge-its use to determine thickness/diameter of thin sheet/wire.
3. Simple Pendulum-dissipation of energy by plotting a graph between square of amplitude time.
4. Metre Scale - mass of a given object by principle of moments.
5. Youngs modulus of elasticity of the material of a metallic wire.
6. Surface tension of water by capillary rise and effect of detergents.
7. Co-efficient of Viscosity of a given viscous liquid by measuring terminal velocity of a given sphericalbody.
8. Plotting a cooling curve for the relationship between the temperature of a hot body and time.
9. Speed of sound in air at room temperature using a resonance tube.
10. Specific heat capacity of a given (i) solid and (ii)liquid by method of mixtures.
11. Resistivity of the material of a given wire using metre bridge.
12. Resistance of a given wire using Ohm's law.
(i) Comparison of emf of two primary cells.
(ii) Determination of internal resistance of a cell.
14. Resistance and figure of merit of a galvanometer by half deflection method.
15. Focal length of:(i) Convex mirror, ii) Concave mirror, and(iii) Convex lens using parallax method.
16. Plot of angle of deviation vs angle of incidence for a triangular prism.
17. Refractive index of a glass slab using a travelling
18. Characteristic curves of a p-n junction diode in forward and reverse bias.
19. Characteristic curves of a Zener diode and finding reverse break down voltage.
20. Characteristic curves of a transistor and finding current gain and voltage gain.
21. Identification of Diode, LED, Transistor, IC,Resistor, Capacitor from mixed collection of such items.
22. Using multimeter to:(i) Identify base of a transistor, (ii) Distinguish between npn and pnp type transistor, (iii) See the unidirectional flow of current in case of a diode and an LED.(iv) Check the correctness or otherwise of a given electronic component (diode, transistor or IC)
UNIT 1:SOME BASIC CONCEPTS IN CHEMISTRY
UNIT 2: STATES OF MATTER
UNIT 3 :ATOMIC STRUCTURE
UNIT 4: CHEMICAL BONDING AND MOLECULAR
UNIT 5 : CHEMICAL THERMODYNAMICS
UNIT 6 : SOLUTIONS
UNIT 7: EQUILIBRIUM
UNIT 8 : REDOX REACTIONS AND ELECTROCHEMISTRY
UNIT 9 : CHEMICAL KINETICS
UNIT-10 : SURFACE CHEMISTRY
UNIT 11 : CLASSIFICATON OF ELEMENTS AND PERIODICITY IN PROPERTIES
UNIT 12 : GENERAL PRINCIPLES AND PROCESSES OF ISOLATION OF METALS
UNIT 13 : HYDROGEN
UNIT 14 : S - BLOCK ELEMENTS (ALKALI AND ALKALINE EARTH METALS)
UNIT 15 : P - BLOCK ELEMENTS
UNIT 16 : d and f BLOCK ELEMENTS
UNIT 17 : CO-ORDINATION COMPOUNDS
UNIT 18 : ENVIRONMENTAL CHEMISTRY
UNIT 19 : PURIFICATION AND CHARACTERISATION OF ORGANIC COMPOUNDS
UNIT 20 : SOME BASIC PRINCIPLES OF ORGANIC CHEMISTRY
UNIT 21 : HYDROCARBONS
UNIT 22 : ORGANIC COMPOUNDS CONTAINING
UNIT 23 : ORGANIC COMPOUNDS CONTAINING OXYGEN
UNIT 24 : ORGANIC COMPOUNDS CONTAINING NITROGEN
UNIT 25 : POLYMERS
UNIT 26 : BIOMOLECULES
UNIT 27 : CHEMISTRY IN EVERYDAY LIFE
UNIT 28 : PRINCIPLES RELATED TO PRACTICAL CHEMISTRY
IIT JEE 2012 Dates
These are dates of Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Exam (IIT JEE) 2011
- Submission of Online Application Form
1st November, 2010 to 15 December,2010
- Start of sale of Offline Application Form, 12th November, 2010.
- Close of sale of Offline Application Form, 15th December, 2010.
- Last date of receipt of Application Form, 20 December, 2010.
- IIT JEE exam date 10 April, 2011.
- Announcement of exam resuslt 25 May, 2010.
IIT JEE 2012 Related Information
IIT JEE 2012 - Indian Institute of Technology | Joint Entrance Examination 2012 | IIT JEE 2012 Eligibiltiy Criteria | IIT JEE 2012 Dates | IIT JEE 2012 Application Procedure | IIT JEE 2012 Admissions | IIT JEE 2012 Fess | IIT JEE 2012 Colleges | IIT JEE 2012 Exam Centers | IIT JEE 2012 Online Form | IIT JEE 2012 Dates | IIT JEE 2012 Preparation Tips | IIT JEE 2012 Notifications | IIT JEE 2012 Question Papers | IIT JEE 2012 Sample Papers | IIT JEE 2012 Model Question Papers | IIT JEE 2012 Study Material | IIT JEE 2012 Results | IIT JEE 2012 Exam Results | IIT JEE 2012 Exam Schedule | IIT JEE 2012 Paper Schedule | IIT JEE 2012 in India | IIT JEE 2012 Application Form | IIT JEE 2012 Syllabus | IIT JEE 2012 Details | IIT JEE 2012 Exam Details | IIT JEE 2012 Question Papers with Answers | IIT JEE 2012 Question Bank | IIT JEE 2012 Mock Test | IIT JEE 2012 Answer Keys | IIT JEE 2012 Timings | IIT JEE 2012 Exam Duration | List of colleges accepting IIT JEE 2012 score