Crafting Creative Communications at MICA
This six-month programme leads to a certificate in Crafting Creative Communications with specialisation in Crafting Copywriting or Art Direction, depending on the module chosen by the student. The main objective of this programme is to develop students into high caliber professionals for creative careers in Marketing Communications.
The programme specifically attempts the following at MICA:
- To equip participants with conceptual, behavioural and technical skills
- To offer hands-on experience to become effective communication professionals
- To impart a sense of values that encompasses not only professional work ethics but also a commitment to and passion for creative communication
- To discipline creative instincts and to encourage the use of imagination in diverse fields
- To work towards meeting the objectives stated in the brief and deliver within the deadline
Overview & Pedagogy
Most sessions will be interactive using diverse examples and exercises, case studies, classroom discussions, group exercises and presentations to create an atmosphere of learning-by-doing. Periodic assignments will allow participants to develop skills required for the complete process of idea-generation and elaboration from doodles to full-blown multimedia campaigns. Although there are two modules to choose from (and two mandatory), there are common classes for both, which means that every student is required to assimilate information from all four modules. There is no final examination; instead, every student has to prepare a portfolio of work done during the year and present it at the end of the course to jury members. The student will be graded based on his or her chosen module.
Apart from learning at the institute each student will be offered an opportunity to work as an intern with a leading ad agency, a design house or a production house.
- Who are we looking for?
- We are looking for participants who are intellectually curious and imaginative, have diverse interests and a sense of humour. A flair for writing and the ability to visualise will be seen as a major advantage. They should be knowledgeable about advertising, possess lateral thinking prowess, and above all show strength of character.
With every new batch of Crafting Creative Communications (CCC) at MICA, we hand-pick a bunch of boat-rockers, mavericks, wranglers and disrupters-of-the-status-quo, and put them through a creative commando boot camp. Then we release them upon an unsuspecting world as copywriters, art directors and TV commercial makers.
Curriculum at MICA
- An Overview of the Advertising Industry
- These sessions will explain how an ad agency works, the key departments, and the functions of each of these departments.
- The Basics of Brand Management
- Identifying brand stakeholders
- Understanding how stakeholders currently perceive your brand
- Studying competition and market trends
- Defining brand positioning
- Defining brand promise
- Advertising Strategy
Admissions Criteria at MICA
This course does not require participants to have passed CAT (Common Admission Test). However, a Bachelor's degree or an equivalent qualification in any discipline recognised by the Association of Indian Universities is requisite. For participants in the Crafting Creative Art Direction (Module B), an equivalent diploma/degree in Fine Arts or Applied Arts is mandatory.
Application Process and Timelines
HOW TO APPLY at MICA
- The application form can be downloaded from here.
- The completed form should be sent along with a crossed demand draft for Rs. 1750/- in favour of Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad, payable at Ahmedabad. The same can also be obtained from the Admissions Office, MICA.
SELECTION PROCESS at MICA
Completed application forms and demand draft for Rs. 1750/- should reach MICA before the final date of receiving applications. The selection process is simple yet institutionalised. Every applicant is given the opportunity to take the written test.
The written test is conducted through internet/Email and successful candidates will be shortlisted for a campus interview to be held at MICA. The final selection of candidates will be based on overall performance.
IMPORTANT DATES for Take Admission at MICA
- Last date for submission of forms : June 20, 2012
- Date for online written test : June 25, 2012
- Personal Interview : July 25/26/27, 2012
- Final list of the candidates : July 30, 2012
- Last date for Submission of Fee : August 11, 2012
- Programme Commencement : Mid August 2012 (The date will be announced later)
Know More About Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad (MICA) - Gujarat